How Long does your Receiver Pack last?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LST2 Kamikaze

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've been out of Hardcore RC'ing for a few years, and just recently bought a LST-2, I'm happy with the truck, but so far not to happy with the receiver pack on the truck. I charged it for 12 hours, and got about 5 tanks in 2 days out of it. I thought the batteries should last a little longer than probably a total time of 3 hours... I just recharged them over night again.. (about 15 hours) and am hoping I don't have an issue again... but just wanted to see how long your pack lasts... Mines a 6cell 1100mAh NiMHM. THanks in advance!
(I tried to do a search and found some new batteries I could get, but not actual length in time they last)

Last edited:
I dont really know how long mine lasts. I just charge it before every bash. Havent had it die yet. Get a peak charger.

I've been out of Hardcore RC'ing for a few years, and just recently bought a LST-2, I'm happy with the truck, but so far not to happy with the receiver pack on the truck. I charged it for 12 hours, and got about 5 tanks in 2 days out of it. I thought the batteries should last a little longer than probably a total time of 3 hours... I just recharged them over night again.. (about 15 hours) and am hoping I don't have an issue again... but just wanted to see how long your pack lasts... Mines a 6cell 1100mAh NiMHM. THanks in advance!
(I tried to do a search and found some new batteries I could get, but not actual length in time they last)

My 1500mAh 5 cell pack will last for about three days before I need to charge it. Lets say I am home for the weekend. I get my chargers out and charge everything up Thursday night. I bash Friday afternoon, Saturday, and a 'lil bit on Sunday. By then it is time to re-charge. BTW--charge your receiver packs at no more than 2 amps and 1 is better. You want to slow charge them so they are most efficent. If you charge them at 4 amps they will get hot as hell and not take a full charge (IMO).

You said you charged the battery for 15 hours? I take it you are using a trickle charger... You really need a peak charger to avoid over charging!

Last edited:
+1 on the charger. But the LST2 is also pushing 2 steering servo's so it will kill a battery with low juice faster than a lot of other rigs.

my LST runs a 1000mah 5 cell and it last about 4-5 hours. I have 2 JR 650Ms for steering.

Make sure your servo's are centered and are not constantly trying to get centered. That extra work will add to the drain..

the stock wall charger is crap, buy a peak charger and your battery will last plus it won't take as long to charge.

I'm running a 5cell maxamps 4700 in my baja 5b, and that sucker is pushing a HUGE steering servo, and a strong regular servo. I can get days out of this thing.

Thanks for the replies, I'll be looking at a peak charger that can charge at 1A and 2A with peak detection. I just kind of wish I could charge them up in 15 or 20 minutes... and not have to wait hours.... oh, btw how long does it take to charge a 1100 or 1500mAh battery at 1 or 2Amps ?

Shouldnt take too long with a 5 cell. I'm charging a 4200 7cell and it only takes a few hours at 2 amps.

Thanks for the replies, I'll be looking at a peak charger that can charge at 1A and 2A with peak detection. I just kind of wish I could charge them up in 15 or 20 minutes... and not have to wait hours.... oh, btw how long does it take to charge a 1100 or 1500mAh battery at 1 or 2Amps ?

Mine only takes a couple hours to charge at the most, using a Dynamite Prophet Sport AC/DC Peak Charger. Its no-frills but does a very good job for about $20.00... Oh, and it comes with the receiver pack adapter as well!

I could get a little over one hour worth of use out of my 1200mAh battery. But that is continuous use, only stopping to refuel.

In other words...racing.

i get one day of bashing with a 1400 battery.

arc

1100 pack will charge in 1.1 hours @ 1 amp
1100 pack will charge in .55 hours @ 2 amps

Times are rough estimates based on capacity and a dead pack.

Charging a 2/3 pack at more than 1 amp degrades the battery life and also makes the charge fall off quicker (IME).

I charge mine at 1/2 amp (with an MRC superbrain charger) and I run a 1400 ebay pack I bought over a year ago. I have yet to have it go dead on me.

I run an aftershock though, so no reverse servo to be constantly draining the batteries. Even though you use it very infrequently, reverse is always under stress so the servo is always draining the pack.

I run a hitec 985MG for t/b and two 590's for steering. Will eventually upgrade to 650M's.

GET A2100Mah BATTERY PACK.

I get about 15-20 mins run time,but i also have jr 9000t for steering they use alot of juice.

GET A2100Mah BATTERY PACK.

I get about 15-20 mins run time,but i also have jr 9000t for steering they use alot of juice.

That's nuts!?!?!? 15-20 minutes? I run a 1400Mah cheapy off ebay in my aftershock and it runs 3 servos. 2 JR590M's for steering and a hitec 985MG for t/b. I can run pretty easily without worry for a few hours.

battery packs

I forgot to say,my pair of jr 9000ts are digital and i use a jr 590 digital for t/b as well. battery isnt dead after 15-20 mins but low.have done 30 min mains with a loss of steering of about 30%. in racing sitt. you use alot more juice.:):)

Sorry, I no this thread is old but it is right on. I have a venom charger that is capable of charging at .9 or 1.8 amps. But the switch fell into the charger.But I am not sure what it is on. So it is ok to charge my LST2 reciver pack at either amp setting?

1.8A would probably be hard on it and shorten it's life.

I don't go over 1A on my receiver packs when charging. When I do charge at 1A, the charge doesn't seem to last as long, so I usually charge them at .5A.