How fast can i get a 3.3 to go!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duramax47

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys I'm going into the lhs this weekend and what to know what tooth spur gear will give me the fastest top speed or what chluch bell and spur gear combo will get the fastest speed out of the t-maxx 3.3? Thanks guys.

I got some hpi phaltline's with blast wheels for the street and want speed demon out of the 3.3!!!

well a stock revo 3.3 like i have with stock gearing will go about 45, with those huge wobbly tires taken off that come stock, and maybe like 2-5 teeth off the spur gear i would say you might be able to hit 50 but that is pushing it.

I'm not sure what 2-5 means can you help me out thanks

so for the most speed what tooth spur gear should i get because I'm running a 58 tooth so i want to know what tooth to get for top speed and also i ordered hpi phaltline's and blast wheels for on road that dont ballon like the stock one's that should help to right?

I'm pretty sure your phaltlines are goonna be a bit smaller than stock so I would jump right up to a 24 tooth bell and get a couple different spurs. Maybe a 54 and a 56 tooth. You have a 4908 extended chassis right?

your going to need LOTS space if you are going to do high speed runs. also dont break and steer at the same time.

54T spur gear for sure and maybe change the clutch bell as well.

I'm running 24/54 on my 4907 with the picco red dot.

A Red dot has twice as much power as a 3.3. You couldn't gear a 3.3 nearly as high. My buddy has a 2.5 Maxx with a 3.3 on it. We put a 23t clutch bell on it with the stock 72t spur and it wouldn't top out in two blocks. It just didn't have the torque. Granted, this was with Talon tires. It may of with some street tires. So I'm thinking 2 teeth over stock with stock tires, 3 with street tires(with roughly the same outer diameter as stock tires) is all that it would pull. Which would probably net you 6-10 mph at the most.

Back