HELP!!!! traxxas nitro sport just do donuts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xengxue

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok so I upgraded my .15 engine to the traxxas 3.3r...but when I'm on dirt all it does it donuts. why? its ok when I drive on asphalt itll go in a straight line no problem only happens when I'm on dirt. so can anyone help me with this problem.

I'll take a guess and say the rear diff broke?

I'm in agreement with the others- or your tires just aren't getting any grip on dust. :)

or your subconsciously doing them yourself.....
(It's happenned to me before)

Diff isn't broken everything is still in tact. Tires are the stock tires when I got the truck...I've ou put about half a gallon of fuel through the truck and it's all on dirt too...I was told to get more aggressive tires and use 70k wt silicone in the drivetrain...

So you're saying the additional power of the 3.3 is breaking the rear tires loose? Good possibility.
But wouldn't it fishtail side to side? What direction does it donut? Clockwise or counter clockwise?

So you're saying the additional power of the 3.3 is breaking the rear tires loose? Good possibility.
But wouldn't it fishtail side to side? What direction does it donut? Clockwise or counter clockwise?
The 3.3 Is a powerful engine, so I do agree.

Back