Help submerged 1/8 truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaken

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey everyone I managed to launch my hsp 1/8 nitro truggy into my pool I have disassembled it pulled the sleeve and piston out coated it in wd 40 has this happened to anyone else and will the servos and electrical side of things need to be replaced I couldn't figure out how to take the carby apart and didn't want to damage it. Cheers

When mine ran off into bundic lake it stayed submerged for like 30 mins before i found it but i took mine to the house took an air compressor and blew off all the water i could then i took the servos out and took the case off and just let them air dry for like 3 days. The motor i completely disassembled and coated with ARO after drying with a clean rag then put back together. Also i junked my receiver i didnt wanna take any chances of another runaway.

---------- Post added at 9:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:12 AM ----------

oh and i wouldnt worry about a complete disasseble on the carb just take the needles out and blow some compressed air in it.

Rice dries out water really well. I done it with my iPhone and that works fine now. Might be worth putting the electric side of things in some rice and keep it warm.

that doesn't hurt either i was gonna put my receiver in a bag of rice but i didnt see the need i still wouldnt have trusted it

Rice dries out water really well. I done it with my iPhone and that works fine now. Might be worth putting the electric side of things in some rice and keep it warm.
Hmm I didn't know IPhones could runaway. :)

once my son put water in the fuel tank of his Jato. i had the water to put out a nitro fire, but didnt label the bottle. i just ran nitro fuel through it right a way. no trouble. remember methanol will soak water fast. that is why it will put out a methanol fire.

Last edited:
Did you get it on video?

Unfortunately not funny now but I spent all day tuning it and had it running perfect oh well gave me the chance to completely strip down I tested the servos and electrical stuff today not working so I am up for a receiver and two servos only thing that still works is the switch off to the shop I go. Thanks for all the help much appreciated :)

That sucks man keep your servos around till you get a new receiver bc it may not be the servos it could just be the receiver

Other way around tested the receiver again all good it's the servos :)

Back