help me quick questions (blitz)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cantlive4ever

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want to upgrade my steering servo will any of them work with my stock stuff haha I just mean like esc or controller can i just install any servo?
I am looking at a futuba metal gear high torque servo 25 bucks or something

I was going to also upgrade to the strc or hpi steering rack any suggestions strc is half the price or should I just get the hpi

I also eventually will upgrade the motor to a brushless setup but can I buy a 15 turn motor for cheap that will give me more power for now or just save up to buy a brushless kit

if you guys have a blitz and want to steer me in a better direction let me know

Any standard size servo will work. I recomend getting a cordless digital servo and when it comes to servo's you really do get what you pay for. You want something with around 150-200 oz tq and speed under .15. Faster the better.

I would recomend getting the tekin RS pro esc

thanks for the reply I will price out the tekin

You could go with the regular RS if you aren't going to go under a 5 turn motor I believe.

Any standard size servo will work. I recomend getting a cordless digital servo and when it comes to servo's you really do get what you pay for. You want something with around 150-200 oz tq and speed under .15. Faster the better.

Cordless digital servo???????????????????????????? Ain't no such animal!

A good high torque servo is what you need. I used a HiTec HS-5645MG on my X-Ray buggy which needed about the same spec steering servo. You can also go with the analog version the HS-645MG.

If you're not racing, there are several brushless options out there for less than $200.

Lol yes sorry. Stupid spell check.

The Blitz is not that heavy of a rig. You don't need a 200 oz servo. You could get away with under 100 oz. Especially being that the stock one has a max of 57 oz at 6v.

Yes but I like to make sure my servo's are versatile so that when I no longer like running the RC they are in they can be used in almost anything else. Though you could go down as low as a 100 on tq I would still make sure it has good speed.

I agree with Alpine you don't need a 200 servo my bashing buddy had a Blitz "until he traded it for a Traxxas mini-revo 4x4" & +2 the blitz ant a heavy Rig so you should have No problems getting more speed out of the Blitz provided you pick a motor that will get you the speed you are seeking..

I'm a big fan of overkill....I use 244oz/.13sec servos on just about everything I have. If you're on a budget you can go lower, personally, I wouldnt go under 125oz on a 1/10 sct even though you can. My preference would be 160oz+. You can pick up a stock losi 8ight-T steering servo off of ebay brand new for less than 20 bucks. I believe they are 180oz and about .17sec @ 6V. I think the 8ight buggy uses the same servo too but i can't remember for sure off the top of my head.

Back