Help identify this buggy please!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Scott

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there I have been given this buggy/truggy and can't for the life of me work out the make or model. Someone said HSP but I don't recognize it as any HSP I have ever seen and the only branding I can find is the failsave which is Ansmann. The fuel tank has a slight split in it so it looses fuel and pressure really quickly I'm trying to find a replacement tank or similar tank to retrofit but would prefer the proper one. Been searching some time trying to find the make and model but just cannot find anything anywhere. I have taken the whole car apart trying to find a brand but nothing. Any help appreciated, many thanks!

Pics of buggy;
http://tinypic.com/a/3byx5/2

It does look very similar to an HSP Kingliness (the chassis layout is different though) but after an hour our scouring Google images I could only find one picture that matched it identically with the same body but the link had no identifying information on it.

It does look very similar to an HSP Kingliness (the chassis layout is different though) but after an hour our scouring Google images I could only find one picture that matched it identically with the same body but the link had no identifying information on it.

What did you search to find the body? I couldn't even find that. Does look very similar to the Kingliness I agree maybe an older model?

Yeah already looked through that, thanks though.

i searched "1/16 nitro monster truck" on google images. Its was a long ways down the page

Hi there I have been given this buggy/truggy and can't for the life of me work out the make or model. Someone said HSP but I don't recognize it as any HSP I have ever seen and the only branding I can find is the failsave which is Ansmann. The fuel tank has a slight split in it so it looses fuel and pressure really quickly I'm trying to find a replacement tank or similar tank to retrofit but would prefer the proper one. Been searching some time trying to find the make and model but just cannot find anything anywhere. I have taken the whole car apart trying to find a brand but nothing. Any help appreciated, many thanks!

Pics of buggy;
http://tinypic.com/a/3byx5/2
It looks like a rip off HPI racing- there's another brand called BSD racing that has the same style logo as HPI racing, and "hot racing" looks like a rip off of bsd racing, which is a rip off of HPI racing. Soooo... I don't know :p

awesome, glad you were able to find it. I've never even hear of BSD racing

awesome, glad you were able to find it. I've never even hear of BSD racing
It just so happened that both of my local model shops stock one of those buggies as a show piece type thing. I think it is actually a cheaper, low end branch of HPI racing...