Help decide?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliejp

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK I'm getting ready to take the plunge. I need help deciding what to get?
It's basically a toss up between the kyosho and the scorpion. I've read a lot about the scorpion but not much about the kyosho. I would like something that I don't have to do a lot to right away. Thanks

Do you want ready to run or are you going to buy your electronics separetly? The Scorpion I think will have a lot better product support and is more of a crawler, the kyosho less product support and more of a rock racer.

I'm basically looking for something I can crawl with without too much work as all my tools are at home and I'm on the road. I just looked at the RTC in H8s post and I think that may be the way to go?

both are imo great rigs, the kyosho will take a BEATING ALL DAY LONG WITHOUT BREAKING, but lacks the smoothness of the axial...if its a "project" to really deck out then the kyosho can be made bad ass but take alot of work and like Abadk9 said, not near the support.the kyosho is alot more. But the kyosho is atleast original, hasnt been done by everyone over and over and has dig and worm gears yada yada yada. Are you just wanting a fun bash around back yard crawler or a comper?

The axial rtc might be just right for you for a quick answer to get your foot in the door.

I don't know for sure if I'll get way in to it or not. I'd like something that's upgradeable in case that's where I decide to take it but fairly good out of the box.

an axial is the most upgradeable out of all of them....and cheapest to do so.

OK so I think I'll start there and if I like it enough I'll get a Kyosho later. Now I just need to figure out how to make a course in my hotel room? lol

OK so after much consideration and a lot of help from Slow and h8z I finally decided to go with the Axial ARTR. Here's the list

Axial ARTR
Castle Creations Sidewinder sport ESC
CC BEC (on back oder)
Integy V11 45T motor
Hobbico CS170 servo
Venom lipo balance charger
2x 25c 1500 mah 11.1v lipos

nice, hope its something you enjoy! wait till you get it going then come back for the "what to do next" answers cuz theres so much you can do to them to help them perform better.

ya I would lissen to the advice that slowgreen and abadk9420 have to say about stuff. I got an axial and i enjoy the thing a lot. thanks to those 2.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Yeah I can already tell I got myself another money pit! Believe it or not though I managed everything and stayed just under budget.

I've been reading their crawling threads for a while now and they've already been a lot of help. I just hope I enjoy crawling as much as nitro MTs.

Last edited:
Honestly you got the huge buy over with :) Those electrics should last you a long time. Congrats!

Thanks man! Now it's just the great wait!

Yeah I can already tell I got myself another money pit! Believe it or not though I managed everything and stayed just under budget.

I've been reading their crawling threads for a while now and they've already been a lot of help. I just hope I enjoy crawling as much as nitro MTs.

It's deffinitly going to be a change of pace from a Nitro MT, but you will be amazed what these things can do, specially with some minor tweaks and adjustments.

Honestly you got the huge buy over with :) Those electrics should last you a long time. Congrats!

Yeah you should be good to go for a while with what you got there, one question, do you have a Castle link programer to program ur ESC and ur BEC? Also I am guessing you already have a radio.

Thanks man! Now it's just the great wait!

Brandon knows all about the big wait, LOL!!!!!:p::hehe::D

The one thing I didn't list above is the program link. I did order it. Not that I know what to do with it.lol