Great Way to Spend a Saturday morning in October!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Spent my cool fall October Saturday mid morning and early afternoon brewing beer for the first time! I must say, so far it went very well. We got the mash made, the wart made and now fermenting nicely. Hopefully in 7 to 14 days I can say I have made a drinkable Oktoberfest! Here are a few pictures. So far this was a very easy process.

image_zpsqcv6eepn.jpg

image_zpsculvgsbl.jpg

I believe I can make my own nitro fuel by mixing straight gasoline and castor oil along with some rubbing alcohol. Can you point me in the right direction? :rolleyes:
-Griff7373

I'm looking forward to an update in a couple of weeks!

Man that first pic looks like a failed attempt of me cooking roadkill ! :D

How are you my friend?
I've made a little bit of beer, but it was just the mr. beer thing. Easy as hell. Was pretty good. Always wanted to try it like you are doing. Good luck. Hope it turns out good.

I'm looking forward to an update in a couple of weeks!

Will do Pete! I'm excited! We also have 5 gallons of our own grapes in the final stages of wine....hopefully we will get it bottled this weekend.

Man that first pic looks like a failed attempt of me cooking roadkill ! :D

How are you my friend?
I've made a little bit of beer, but it was just the mr. beer thing. Easy as hell. Was pretty good. Always wanted to try it like you are doing. Good luck. Hope it turns out good.

Digger!! How the hell are ya! I'm hoping it tastes better than roadkill stew! Kinda reminds me of preparing a deer head for a European mount! Lol! I hope it turns out to be drinkable....but my standards are low when it comes to beer...so as long as it is cold and contains alcohol.....I should be ok

Very cool Tom! I've helped a friend brew a couple times before, thought about trying it myself, but don't need anymore hobbies. Nor do I need the temptation to drink more beer LOL. :D

@digger!!! Showing up for roadkill or alcohol, still, I see. lol

@godale, make sure that you sterilize the bottles before filling them. Other than that, have fun.

@digger!!! Showing up for roadkill or alcohol, still, I see. lol

@godale, make sure that you sterilize the bottles before filling them. Other than that, have fun.
Yes definitely have to sterilize. That is one quick way to ruin a whole batch. We have been making and bottling our own wine for a few years now, so we have all the gear to properly sterilize. I just wish I could have all of you over to have a taste.

Whatup guys? I still check the general chaos part of the forum. I moved a couple of years ago. All of my RC is sorta in storage.
Got 8 acres but a small 2 bedroom house.

Rolex, I thought about ya the other day,,, I passed up 2 possums and a coon. Would've be a hell of a feast.

Are ya still racing Tom? I still have the x-terminator like ya started with. Bought the Mammoth when it came out. Neither have been ran for awhile. Looks like xtm is gone now. Most of my stuff is out dated. Got a small Tiger Moth I have been thinking about flying. Plenty of room here.

Good luck with the beer.

Rolex, I thought about ya the other day,,, I passed up 2 possums and a coon. Would've be a hell of a feast.
Damn, my mouth is watering just thinking about your cooking.
You need to sign in for the FFA now, but that's where all the good jokes are.

Whatup guys? I still check the general chaos part of the forum. I moved a couple of years ago. All of my RC is sorta in storage.
Got 8 acres but a small 2 bedroom house.

Are ya still racing Tom? I still have the x-terminator like ya started with. Bought the Mammoth when it came out. Neither have been ran for awhile. Looks like xtm is gone now. Most of my stuff is out dated. Got a small Tiger Moth I have been thinking about flying. Plenty of room here.

Good luck with the beer.

Hey @digger!! I race a couple times a year now, not a whole lot. Kids are now 14 and 7 and most of my free time now is spent getting them both from here to there and everywhere in between. I am all electric though these days. Gave up Nitro for the convenience of LiPo batteries. I just got finished building a Losi 8ight 3.0 Truggy that I converted to Electric. Most of my run time is out back on the homemade track that I struggle to maintain myself.. but I keep it in good enough shape for a few laps here and there.
I have really gotten into Shooting Skeet and Sporting Clays the last year or so. A friend of mine took me a few times and I was hooked! I bought a nice Browning Citori over under and a used 12 gauge reloading machine and now spend a lot of time shooting clays and reloading shells. Its kinda interesting how interests move around. I am still into RC... just not as much as I used too. With LiPo's though.... as long as I keep them stored properly they should last me a while and not go bad over time as fast as my NiMh batteries did. I am also saving for a quadcopter here in the near future... figured I would give that a try.... looks like fun!

I'm glad to hear you are still doing well! 8 acres is a nice piece of property my friend! I will have to pick Rolex up on the way and stop on by for some squirrel pot pie... I will bring some of the homemade brew with me!

Tom

Just make sure to keep @Rolex away from them after they've been shot or they'll be polished and Turtle-waxed by the time you get there. lol

Beer has been bottled!! Now I have to wait 2 weeks for the bottling sugar to make the bubbles and then I can refrigerate and enjoy!! Exciting stuff!

Beer has been bottled!! Now I have to wait 2 weeks for the bottling sugar to make the bubbles and then I can refrigerate and enjoy!! Exciting stuff!
Send me a bottle won't ya?
Actually, on second thoughts it probably cheaper to buy myself a bottling plant than ship it over.