Goat 2s, 3s on Losi Comp, Axial

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessF

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've got one of those questions for ya'll.

Looking to get into the Crawler scene and I like what I see when I look at the Losi Comp. Best features I think are the dig, worm screw gear and chassis suspension setup.

I've heard that it's a brushless specific rig, given that the worm gear chews up a lot of power. I've also read that the Goat 2s won't give enough grunt to keep it running for long periods of time, 30min and over.

My next option is to buy the Axial ARTR, buy an aftermarket dig unit and call it a day. I can use the Goat 2s with large, economic 2s lipos for long run times.

Will never compete, only messing around at the local conservation area.

Sounds like a more obvious choise when I type it out cough**axial**cough. But if those who have experience can chime in, please let me know. What I'd hate is to have to spend as much on 3s batteries as the rig just so I can last as long as my little brothers Axial. A 2100mah 2s runs longer than we care to crawl with his.

what run times are people getting on their Losi comps?

one more thing to add is I'd mod the hell out of the thing, either model. With the right tire and linkage setup I'm sure the axial could crawl as well as the Losi does out of the box.

The axial is a great rig, always has been. The losi has dig. For messing around, their both a good choice. The axial is hands down an easier rig to setup and get going for a newb. Dont mean that rudely its just true. The losi is a comper though, will out perform the axial stock to stock in most cases but those are gonna be in pretty gnarly conditions. The losi can be converted to MOA.
A 2s 2100 on an axial would last for a while, not near as long on a losi. I was getting like 20 minutes outta a 2800 3s on my losi. That same battery on a 45t on my scx axial gets like an hour or more of run time.

Thanks. Thats the advice I need. I think given my intended use and desire for modding the axial is a better platform. I'd rather spend the extra cash on a dig unit for the axial than have to buy several 3s batteries.

Alright I love losi CC, it takes a little work out of the box to get it right but thats about all. Mine has few minor suspension adjustments, and wheel weights and i out crawl most of the comp axials at my comp. Battery run times on a 1500 3s is about 30-60 minutes (depends how i'm crawling). I use Turnigy 1500 3s lipos, they're small and fit the size requirements. For a motor you can go brushless but i'm running a traxxas titan 21 turn and a 12t pinion and a fxr... this setup i have loads of torque and wheel speed. I plan on going MOA here in a few weeks with either 2 titans or 2 HH pullers.... Also about the 3s lipos price... if you go my brushed setup you'll have more than enough money by the time you buy the brushless setup. I say go with the losi and you love it

all depends on how you drive is right. Well I bought the Axial, it should be here next tuesday. I've been listing the mods I plan on doing and this should be a fun build. My first electric, everything I've owned up to this point has been Gas or nitro. What does MOA stand for?

Last edited:
Motor on/over axle. like berg, bully axles. and a losi if you convert it.

Back