Getting Back Into Crawling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
So after running the old crawler around recently, I've got the itch again. Picked up this little guy super cheap used, waiting on my crawler project stuff to all arrive and I'll post up a build thread. Should be good winter time living room fun with this though.

Losi Micro Trekker (might do a micro scale build over the winter)

Vd04fX0.jpg

Noticed the tires dig into the body when they're stuffed, so I did some trimming.

CoaaYXD.jpg

iGKjbKU.jpg

Going to remove the fake beadlocks and freeze the wheels and tires tonight so I can take the tires off and remove the foams. Been gathering up rocks in the woods around the house too, probably going to build a small indoor course. :hehe:

Did a few mods today, de-foamed the tires and drilled an extra vent hole in the rims, removed the little spacer from the shocks for more travel. Much better articulation and traction now.

P1130272Medium_zps11b9913d.jpg

P1130274Medium_zpsea8df5d3.jpg

P1130281Medium_zpsc40626f0.jpg

And, I've always really dug the look of the Honcho, so I made a micro honcho. :D

P1130287Medium_zps36a32237.jpg

Last edited:
Cool beans yo. Look forward to seeing what you do to it.

Looks cool man, i have been trolling the scalers lately, i think i want another one,but i want one that looks like some of SNG's rides, like the jeeps!!

Back