Fuel issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh4686

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I have an associated 8.2 with a werks b5 and I took everything off the other day to clean it good....when I put it back together it will not get any fuel its sucking air somewhere and won't prime up any suggestions

Are the fuel and pressure lines hooked up in the correct places?

Are the fuel and pressure lines hooked up in the correct places?
Yes they are when you put your finger over the exhuast the fuel will go about half way and you can see bubbles in the fuel tank

Possibly air leak check the seal on the fuel tank.

You shouldn't be getting bubbles in the tank, so my first guess is that you reversed the lines.
Line from the exhaust should go to the cap on top and the line to the carb should come off the bottom.

That's the way they where but when I got home no one had messed with it and there was fuel in the lines like nothing was ever wrong I swear my car is cursed lol

The fuel line were correct I changed nothing

It is official I'm getting a mito 7 this motor hates me

Yeah, but it's working now, right? We're good. We're REALLY good. :thumbs-up:
Were so good that you just have to look at us and it's fixed itself. Or you've scared them away and they've read the manual...

I have an associated 8.2 with a werks b5 and I took everything off the other day to clean it good....when I put it back together it will not get any fuel its sucking air somewhere and won't prime up any suggestions
I have the same problem but I'm building a nitro sled and I can't figure out y My fuel won't feed this is the Rc I built
This is my project an rc snowmobile and I have the same issue my fuel won't primer be stay feeding, tried 3 Differnt fuel tanks and replaced lines, if u look in the picture my header is twice as long as normal to fit my application would that have an effect ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
I have the same problem but I'm building a nitro sled and I can't figure out y My fuel won't feed this is the Rc I built

This is my project an rc snowmobile and I have the same issue my fuel won't primer be stay feeding, tried 3 Differnt fuel tanks and replaced lines, if u look in the picture my header is twice as long as normal to fit my application would that have an effect ?
That is one mental exhaust :p try replacing it back to stock and I reckon it'll work :)

That is one mental exhaust :p try replacing it back to stock and I reckon it'll work :)
What could cause the fuel not to feed? Like do u think cause the header is longer the pressure back to the fuel tank is not as high? I think if there's not exhaust leaks it should be fine?

What could cause the fuel not to feed? Like do u think cause the header is longer the pressure back to the fuel tank is not as high? I think if there's not exhaust leaks it should be fine?
This is a better picture of the exhaust

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 121
What could cause the fuel not to feed? Like do u think cause the header is longer the pressure back to the fuel runcs not as high? I think if there's not exhaust leaks it should be fine?

This is a better picture of the exhaust
Try going back to stock exhaust, but its probably pressure and a combination of other things, and the problems won't end here- you'll never get the engine to run or tune properly either...

Try going back to stock exhaust, but its probably pressure and a combination of other things, and the problems won't end here- you'll never get the engine to run or tune properly either...
Y wouldn't I be able to ever get it to tune properly?

Y wouldn't I be able to ever get it to tune properly?
Nitro engines are very sensitive, the slightest temperature changes can cause a complete retune to be necessary, the same applies to exhausts. Changing header lengths, stinger lengths, amount of bends, amount of chambers, angle of deflector on the end of the exhaust- loads of things, some being negative, effect performance. If you go changing things like header lengths, bends and all that, your decreasing performance, that's why all nitro engines and exhaust follow pretty much the same format, and any changes that have been done would of had hours of planning and tests just to alter a minute length :)

Nitro engines are very sensitive, the slightest temperature changes can cause a complete retune to be necessary, the same applies to exhausts. Changing header lengths, stinger lengths, amount of bends, amount of chambers, angle of deflector on the end of the exhaust- loads of things, some being negative, effect performance. If you go changing things like header lengths, bends and all that, your decreasing performance, that's why all nitro engines and exhaust follow pretty much the same format, and any changes that have been done would of had hours of planning and tests just to alter a minute length :)
Well I'm not to worried about the performance like she should still rip decently, this morning I tried priming and it primed but I didn't try and start it, had to leave for work but will it continue to feed is the question, I've had it run in and it sounds mean and like its idles nice but it's always the fuel that is either stopped feeding or is lean

Well I'm not to worried about the performance like she should still rip decently, this morning I tried priming and it primed but I didn't try and start it, had to leave for work but will it continue to feed is the question, I've had it run in and it sounds mean and like its idles nice but it's always the fuel that is either stopped feeding or is lean
If its too lean, the carb will heat and you'll get vapour lock- where the fuel evaporates in the carb causing fuel to back up, so are you saying with the stock exhaust it ran? And the performance issues may be quite bad, you may have to end up damaging the engine just getting it to run- that's if it will run...

Back