FrozenCPU.com out of business! :(

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It seems like FrozenCPU.com has closed its doors. If you're a PC water cooling enthusiast like me you'll understand why this makes me really really sad. That being said theres not a lot of info out there as to what actually happened to the company who seemed to close its doors overnight with no warning what-so-ever leaving people that had placed orders hanging with no parts being packaged or shipped. To make matters worse their website is still up and you are still able to palce an order there but BEWARE! theres no one home. What little is known and what rumors are floating around is covered pretty well in this video.

totally sucks...theres just one good place left to buy watercooling parts now. I bet the owner of that place is dancing a jig right now cuz his business probably doubled overnight. Performance PCs typically did carry a bit more in stock but frozenCPUs customer support was much better so they were my favorites :(

They've been around for a long while. I'm a bit surprised they have been around as long as they have. So many niche stores like this along with parts being readily available in the bigger stores too.

what other big stores are there for water cooling? As far as I know performacePCs and Frozen CPU were the two biggest. I mean I know Frozen isnt a huge place physically but they had the second best selection around on the web that I know of.

Heck just check out newegg, they have a number of water cooling parts, kits, and even to all-in-one solutions (like I use) along with several other sites such as xoxide.com, koolance.com, performance-pcs.com, and sidewindercomputers.com just to name a few.

performance is definitely a huge supplier but I'm familair with all the sites you just listed except xoxide and several more you didnt list and none of them had the selection that Frozen carried. Frozen was the only one that I've ever seen that rivaled Performance in terms of selection.

I'd say this is a good time for all of them to step up to the plate then. I seen the pictures of the FrozenCPU offices and it doesn't look good.

Disappointing. That was the one place i could get the Gentle Typhoons from reliably.

It seems like FrozenCPU.com has closed its doors. If you're a PC water cooling enthusiast like me you'll understand why this makes me really really sad. That being said theres not a lot of info out there as to what actually happened to the company who seemed to close its doors overnight with no warning what-so-ever leaving people that had placed orders hanging with no parts being packaged or shipped. To make matters worse their website is still up and you are still able to palce an order there but BEWARE! theres no one home. What little is known and what rumors are floating around is covered pretty well in this video.
At the moment there may still be hope:
"Site down until further notice
February 21, 2015
FrozenCPU.com will not be taking new orders or processing pending orders for at least the next 30 days. We currently are attempting to hire new staff to get things moving again. We apologize for this inconvenience. - Mark Friga Jr."
SO it doesn't specifically say its gone forever, it'll be a shame if they do go, I bought some fans from there at a really good price and can't find them anywhere else :(

I hope they make a come back. They just missed an order from me, I had to buy some more water cooling fittings. I usually like to buy from them cuz they typically beat performance PCs buy a couple bucks. I did see a video the other day that said there was a rumor floating around some of the hardcore PC forums that they werent going out of business but they had to hire all new help. no more explanation was given other than that. If I find anything else out I'll post it here.

I hope they make a come back. They just missed an order from me, I had to buy some more water cooling fittings. I usually like to buy from them cuz they typically beat performance PCs buy a couple bucks. I did see a video the other day that said there was a rumor floating around some of the hardcore PC forums that they werent going out of business but they had to hire all new help. no more explanation was given other than that. If I find anything else out I'll post it here.
I've heard there's a rumor saying that they may be restarting soon too....But it's just a rumor. Also, when you've got your SP120's up and running I wouldn't mind a quick noise test to see how it compares to my system. At the minute I can hear my CX 750M's fan whirring away from the other side of the room. I'm really fed up of it. I think I'm going to get an RM 750 to replace it, as that's properly silent up to 40%

If your trying to build a silent PC Id look into the new EK Vardar fans. Video review link below. Id also look into a platinum rated PSU thats fan does even kick on until its reached like a 40% load. I personally like the AX line from Corsair. Probably something in the 750-860W range. If you add a low consumption GPU like the gtx 970 it will help keep the load and temps down on the AX PSU and the fan wont kick on as much. Thats what Id do if I was looking to build a silent PC. The corsairs are pretty good noise wise especially if theyre run on PWM headers or a fan controller.

If your trying to build a silent PC Id look into the new EK Vardar fans. Video review link below. Id also look into a platinum rated PSU thats fan does even kick on until its reached like a 40% load. I personally like the AX line from Corsair. Probably something in the 750-860W range. If you add a low consumption GPU like the gtx 970 it will help keep the load and temps down on the AX PSU and the fan wont kick on as much. Thats what Id do if I was looking to build a silent PC. The corsairs are pretty good noise wise especially if theyre run on PWM headers or a fan controller.

Until I find a cheap AX, There a bit too expensive- as for those fans- they look a lot like Gentle Typhoons- and personally, I hate that- they're really ugly- but they are quiet. At the minute its a toss up between:
-Corsair AF 140 (Although, annoyingly, the LEDS make the fan louder, and give them a lower CFM- Apparently from Corsairs spec sheet)
-Gelid Wings 12 or 14 PL, bit too expensive, and not that good looking
-Cougar Vortex PWM (For CPU)
-Enermax T.B silence (No L.E.D though, and worryingly cheap for the supposed 9 D.B rating...)
At the minute a second hand RM 750 is all I can afford.

something else to consider would be going with a case that supports all 200 or 220mm fans. My Coolermaster Sniper case has all 200mm fans in it and its real quite because the fans are lower rpm.

The RM should also be a really good choice, it has the same zero rpm fan mode and low noise fan. You could also look into the HX 750. Its about the same price and is a slight step up. The HXi 750 is a little more expensive but it a solid step up also. If you could find one of those at the righ tprice that could be a consideration too. all of the model from RM on up are really nice though. :)

Not sure what you mean about the AF140's. They have 66.4 CFM and 25.5dba. pretty reasonable stats for fans of that size. My SP120's wouldnt be what your interested in because I didnt get the quiet edition fans nor did I get the middle of the road 1600rpm fans. I went with their 2350rpm 35dba fans. fan noise doesn't really bother that much. I mean I prefer them to be quiet as much as possible but if temps start getting above a certain level I want my fans to have the ability to put out max cooling while the PC is under heavy loads. I'm hoping though that my water loop will be big enough that they wont run more than about 50% rpm. :)

Last edited:
something else to consider would be going with a case that supports all 200 or 220mm fans. My Coolermaster Sniper case has all 200mm fans in it and its real quite because the fans are lower rpm.

The RM should also be a really good choice, it has the same zero rpm fan mode and low noise fan. You could also look into the HX 750. Its about the same price and is a slight step up. The HXi 750 is a little more expensive but it a solid step up also. If you could find one of those at the righ tprice that could be a consideration too. all of the model from RM on up are really nice though. :)

Not sure what you mean about the AF140's. They have 66.4 CFM and 25.5dba. pretty reasonable stats for fans of that size. My SP120's wouldnt be what your interested in because I didnt get the quiet edition fans not did I get the middle of the road 1600rpm fans. I went with their 2350rpm 35dba fans. fan noise doesn't really bother that much. I mean I prefer them to be quiet as much as possible but if temps start getting above a certain level I want my fans to have the ability to put out max cooling while the PC is under heavy loads. I'm hoping though that my water loop will be big enough that they wont run more than about 50% rpm. :)
To me, fan noise matters- and what I meant was that oddly, on corsairs fan spec sheet, the LED version of their AF 140 Quiet Edtions have slightly different specs to the non led ones- which I found odd because they are the same fan... And also, oddly, I can't find any HX 750's anywhere here, the only ones I can find are the older ones which I used to run...Sadly, it died :cry:

Last edited:
that is strange that the LEDs would have an effect on that. electricity can be a funny thing :)

that is strange that the LEDs would have an effect on that. electricity can be a funny thing :)
It may be just the lack of anti vibration mounts and no shroud....Who knows. I'm actually starting to like the look of the non leds....

you can always use LED or CCFL lighting to the case to make up for the lack of fan lights :)

Last edited:
Back