FPV Tank Wars?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerold

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Back in the 80's we had a game called Battle Zone. Essentially it was at FPV tank battle.
1666805205075.png

It used vector (wire frame) graphics and the arena was open. Essentially an a sandbox with AI opponents. Or at least as much as you could given the technology.

I ran across this video and started thinking. Why can we have a FPV RC tanks with and use laser tag technology for projectiles? Maybe it's been done, maybe I'm crazy?

1666805129095.png

1666805166140.png

I loved the game when it came out.

And by the way... yes, you can buy tanks that use infrared sensors to have tank battles. You just need to add an fpv cam and vtx to send the camera signal to the goggles. It has been done quite a bit actually. I have two tanks in my ebay cart just for this purpose.

have also seen RC tanks that shoot airsoft and paintballs.
Yeah, you can buy the same tanks with infrared, airsoft cannons, etc. They are all over ebay from $300-$1200 or so, depending on the options you want, like metal tracks, metal drive wheels, metal gearbox, etc.

Mrs. Doom's uncle had an all Aluminum Tiger Tank that fired paintballs and had FPV the works. I think he paid almost 4 grand for it. When he died it mysteriously went missing. Pretty sure his nephew the junkie made off with it.