Flakes, fruitcakes, and neighbors that don't know your name.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Error401

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just when I get a little bit of faith in humanity, I wake up to a new day. I just absolutely love living in my neghborhood. The people are top notch rocket scientists and brain surgons. Here's just three examples of what I witnessed in 2 hours while mowing my lawn this morning:

Flakes: As I was mowing my lawn, I noticed that there were three people oddly eyeballing this car a couple of houses down from me. It was parked on the street that my street T-bones into. This chick was using a jack to change a tire or something (I must have missed the first part of the movie), but there were these two other guys just standing there watching. I couldn't hear what was said, but it looked like two flakes just giving advice. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like noone ever offers to help anyone else in this neighborhood.

Fruitcakes: After I was done mowing, I was walking back to my house from my parents house. Here comes this guy, looked to be about 45 or so, crossing the strange intersection near the one I spoke about before. Anyway, this guy just walks right up the center of the road, never mind the two sidewalks on either side, and he never seemed to look up, just started about at the ground 5 feet in front of him. This little street is notorious for speeding and the sight distance kind of sucks. The stupid jerk could have gotten killed.

And the neighbors: Why is it that the neighbors around me never seem to remember my name, or even say "hi". Did I piss on their wheaties? And don't I always try to give them a heads up when I'm running my weedeater and they're parked in front of my house? I've tried to be neighborly, and I remember their names, like Ben across the street. Hey Ben, screw you, next time I'll just run my damn weedeater and you can wash your friggin car. What the hell is it about my neighbors? I don't run my nitro around my house, and I try to dodge mowing for as long as possable, and I try to at least wave when I see them. Stupid retreads. I don't want squat from any of them, but I guess a wave back is just too hard, or expensive for them to waste. And don't get me started on the little princess I got living upstairs from me. Yeah, she's all peaches and cream if she needs something. But if she doesn't, well, lets just say, that's a pretty damn tall horse she rides around on. Oh yeah, almost forgot about the drunk rednecks down the street. You know the ones that raise hell because they forgot that they gotta wait till noon on Sunday before they can get more beer.

well your neighborhood is weird i know most of the people in my neighborhood except these people behind us have a lawyer for the a father and the two boys always get out of trouble, well theyve tried to lite our house on fire, then on another house that they were building next to me the tried to burn that house but they didnt and they like spray painted everything inside. right now the one my age is on house arrest but he doesn't care he still goes out side to screw the neighborhood

Maybe it's that giant skull you painted on your garage door...

Aren't neighbors wonderful? I was going to post a link to a page that someone dedicated to an idiot neighbor but it's no longer there.

bmoc, you'll never get blamed for anything that happens in your neighborhood. You could go on a rampage.

Man, i don't know anyone in our neighborhood. People used to talk to me, but me being shy and all, i seem unfriendly, so no one talks to me.

We got neighbors directly across from us that are stuck up and only talk to us when they want something. They have a 240sx with a sound system and they bump it all the time and scream (actually it's not THAT bad but annoying)

Then we have the neighbors to the right of them which have been there for quite some time...i think, but it seemed like they moved in there overnight. Never even noticed them until they were there...lol...I don't think i've said one word to them.

Then we got the people next to them. Don't talk to them, they have a mystery house. It was this old guy and his wife, next thing you know they go a whole family in there. And they got this butthead with a dodge neon who I don't like. But there some kids in there...I think. A few that are my age, i think. And there might be a really hot chick, but I dunno, they're too far away.

So basically, everyone thinks i'm stuck up cuz i don't say hi or whatever, and I know the names of maybe 5 people within about 4 houses that I can see.

Oh yeah, everyone probably hates me cuz of my r/c's too...but I have been trying to be nicer about it and hardly run them anymore. And won't run the savage until after 5 or 6pm so the golfers can concentrate (even though they all suck at golf)

Originally posted by wdavidhicks

bmoc, you'll never get blamed for anything that happens in your neighborhood. You could go on a rampage.

i think i will

Back