Fish tank pics...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fresh or salt? Pics....

Been having issues with pics. The IMG links from PhotoBucket show up in Edit but not when applied. So I added attachments from my phone. Damn Android...

---------- Post added at 2:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:28 PM ----------

Maybe one day I'll figure out my pic issues. Tried Flicker too. No go.

Updated mine. Made a new back ground for it and just got the water back in. Still have to put my drift wood and live plants in but heres a pic. Have 3 planters built into it.

007-89.jpg

I had to tear this tank down late last year when we moved but here are a few pics of it before the tear down.

DSC_2346.jpg

DSC_2382.jpg

DSC_2380.jpg

DSC_2395.jpg

And a small nano I also had to tear down

DSC_2104.jpg

DSC_2113.jpg

I just got a nice 60 gallon set back up and is currently running. I will get some pics of it later this week and update then.

Thes tanks look awesome! I know I said it but man they look sweet. I've been wanting one for some time now. I think yall have just made my decision easier. My whole family has had them for a while now. I have to join now!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I love my tanks and will always have a tank of some sort for the rest of my life. I find them to be very relaxing and helps me calm down which can be very hard for me to do.

It doesn't hurt that my 3 year old daughter loves the tanks and it really seems to stimulate here mind staring at the fish and learning about all of the creatures in the tank.

@sv250 looks great! How many gallon?
@joshman1204 great looking tanks man! Saltwater setups look awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man! I literally almost cried when I had to tear them down. Its one of those things that when you get them looking just like you want them it is almost impossible to ever rebuild them back to that exact look.

I am still working with my new setup but am not really happy with the look just yet.

190gal. I lost 2 of the fish in those pics, but the labidos (yellow ones) have multiplied 10x's. I need to catch a bunch and bring them to the pet shop. Too hard to catch them with all the cover in the tank.

No its a Venustis (sp?) Those are all African Chiclids. They max out around 6-8". They also do well in community environments when cover is there. Notice the very small fish in the pics ignored by the bigger fish.

Oscars are Central American Chiclids they grow much larger and are very territorial.

I always have liked the look of cichlid tanks but I have never had anything but saltwater tanks. Someday I will get around to setting up a nice cichlid tank.

Yea, If I had the time, I would have a reef and a tropical setup to go with it. My dream is a reef with a sump built into the plumbing. I would have a vat and roi in the attack.

Got my driftwood, new substrate and fish back in my tank. My DIY background was ready to go so it was time for me fish to get back in. Waiting on my plants but the weather shifted and has been in the 20's till noon everyday this past week so they prolly froze and died in the mail.

IMAG0001.jpg

Damn! Is that real or just a screen display? Either way it looks cool as hell.

Nothing special here. Just a 30 gal tank where I keep the goldfish over the winter. They spend the summer in an outdoor pond. Three years ago I started out with 5 fish, over the past two summers they have mated and now I have almost 30 goldfish! Many of them have yet to be caught.
IMG_1874-1.gif

Good looking setup man ^^^

Back