Fish tank pics...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, I was thinking there would pics of an AMC Pacer.

Looks Good!

Here's mine. I set it up a little over a week ago after giving my gecko away. Its just a little 20 in its cycle stages.

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

^^^Looks good!

I took down my fish tank before you made the thread, but we can use our IMAGINATION!!

It was 30gal., about [------YAY----------] big, and was full of fish and plants and shhtuff!!

I will look for any pics I might have of it, I have had a fish tank for almost 10 years now, and my longest lived almost 5 years

Any tips on adding some live plants? Not wanting anything that will take over the tank, just something small with very little care needs.

Real plants are awesome indeed, the bottom feeders love them as well, but your algae levels with almost triple in growth rate because of the plants. Maintain it as best as you can to prevent this over-running problem. I also found I needed to change my water more often with real plants as opossed to fake. IMHO, real plants are very cool, but fake plants are 0 maintainence and look pretty real after they get some small algae growth and a really cool rustic touch that makes them pop nice.

I can't remember the names of the real plants that I had, but they never populated in the tank.

Come to think of it, I'm not 100% but when I had my real plants, I had a HUGE, and I mean HUGE infestation of snails, I got high one night and counted almost 600 growing babies all over. Had to completly drain, clean, sanitize, and disinfect everything to prevent them from coming back.

I thought live plants reduce algae.?.?

quote from a plant site...

Live plants will use many of the nutrients that algae thrive upon. Fewer nutrients means there is less fuel for algae overgrowth.

It was the opposite for me lol, a month after I dropped in live plants it went BESERK! The BEST bottom feeder to make your overgroth almost 0, is the fish called the Japanese Loach, these things are awesome looking and man they clean like crack heads. He lived the longest of the many I had.
Cobitischinensis1800.jpg

I was looking at loaches the other day in Petsmart. Might have to get some...

They all look good guys. I used to be really into aquariums until I went broke from it haha.

Here is a couple shots of our tanks.

009.gif

006.jpg

005.jpg

004-7.jpg

001-5.jpg

Wow man those are nice! How many gallon is the big one?

Nice tanks! All we have is a small 1.5 gallon tank for my daughter. She picked out a Betta and named it Nemo... Go figure lol... Lil dude is still good and kicking after 2 years...considering I've picked out cheerios, crayons and what ever else i find in it. Haha
SDC12452.jpg

considering I've picked out cheerios, crayons and what ever else i find in it.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Those tanks are awesome mudwild! I like the rocks in the big one.

i have had some live plants...and when you add water they used to bubble ! cough, cough weez ! but that was a long time ago !

My early birthday present! 46 gallon bow front aquarium. Waiting for the ammonia bloom to cycle through so I can add my fish.

Attachments

• IMAG0505.jpg
    IMAG0505.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMAG0506.jpg
    IMAG0506.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Back