FireFox crashes CONSTANTLY!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Every time it crashes it pops up a window and I sent the crash report to them along with my email. No replies, no solutions. I'm sure it's happened 50 or more times in the last 3 days.
Running Windows 10. As soon as I close this site, it will give me another crash notice.

Mozilla should get some bug fixes out soon enough.

Sounds like you have a henky add on or something. Any extensions installed? Try disabling all of them and see how it does. Worst case, uninstall, delete the folder and profile folders then reinstall without add ons and see how it does. I had that happen a while back after an add on updated. Then a week or so later, I got another add on update and it stopped.

Sounds like you have a henky add on or something. Any extensions installed? Try disabling all of them and see how it does. Worst case, uninstall, delete the folder and profile folders then reinstall without add ons and see how it does. I had that happen a while back after an add on updated. Then a week or so later, I got another add on update and it stopped.
Agreed. Did you do a clean Install of windows ten rolex?

Are you running the latest version of Firefox? 40.0.2 was just released a few days ago and it was supposed to work better in Windows 10.

A lot of companies will be rolling out Windows 10 support updates for their software, they'll just need time.

Firefox 40.0.2 works on my Windows 10 HTPC and laptop. No problems so far.

I've done the update for firefox. No change. That's the first thing I did when the problem started.
I'm also running 64 bit, but FF doesn't have that option, so that's not the problem.

I've done the update for firefox. No change. That's the first thing I did when the problem started.
I'm also running 64 bit, but FF doesn't have that option, so that's not the problem.
Did you do a clean install of win 10?

FF running fine on my sons PC with 10. He did not do a clean install.

I had trouble with mine until I found out I was in tablet mode once I put it in desktop everything worked. I still lost some of my downloads when I reinstalled that yanked my chain

Windows 10 should install by default on a desktop in desktop mode.

I just spent almost 2 hours with Comcast support on the phone. I also had the same issues with my laptop which is still running Windows 7. Firefox, Chrome, Opera, all failed miserably, my modem was on line with no problems, yet for a while both computers couldn't find the server. Reset DNS, tried running speed tests, nothing. Then the phone got cut off since it's through my modem. When he called me back, everything was working fine.
Firefox still crashing, but at least I got back on line. He didn't know what the cause was.

I just spent almost 2 hours with Comcast support on the phone. I also had the same issues with my laptop which is still running Windows 7. Firefox, Chrome, Opera, all failed miserably, my modem was on line with no problems, yet for a while both computers couldn't find the server. Reset DNS, tried running speed tests, nothing. Then the phone got cut off since it's through my modem. When he called me back, everything was working fine.
Firefox still crashing, but at least I got back on line. He didn't know what the cause was.
I'd give it a bit of time, and if it still doesn't work get in touch with FF.

It's ALWAYS them. This is not the first time. However, this is the first time EVER that tech support called me back after the phone call got cut off.
I'm using Opera, now, and I'm getting my settings adjusted to my preferences. If I get used to it, I'll be done with Firefox.
They have gotten about 70 or 80 crash reports in the last few days and I've gotten no emails from them offering a solution.

It's ALWAYS them. This is not the first time. However, this is the first time EVER that tech support called me back after the phone call got cut off.
I'm using Opera, now, and I'm getting my settings adjusted to my preferences. If I get used to it, I'll be done with Firefox.
They have gotten about 70 or 80 crash reports in the last few days and I've gotten no emails from them offering a solution.
Why not use chrome?

Back