Ever notice?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Having just started using Kazaa again and downloading a ton of stuff I was wondering how much space my hard drive had left when POW, there's over 60gb of crap in My Documents.

I really can't believe that I have saved that much crap. Every 6 months or so I generally burn everything onto CD but I will rarely delete old files that I just burned onto cd. Bottom line here, I just generate more and more cd's with the same crap on them that I burned last time plus whatever I saved between burnings.

This time however, I Cut and Pasted instead of Copy and Paste like I previously had done. I have now gotten rid of 10gb of crap as well as deleting a few redundant files I have, like the same file saved in 3 different folders. I was looking into a few RC movies I had saved in 5 different folders but I deleted all but one of them. Maybe by the end of the week, providing Isabel does not disrupt power, I'll be down to 20 or 30 gb in my documents.

Anyway, just venting.

I actually got to producing a few movies and just got rid of another 20gb of space. I'll keep pruning and maybe I can be down to the specified 20 - 30gb range I wanted.

Kazaa stores *.dat files that are incomplete downloads. You might purge any of those that you find.

Within a month after broadband came to my neighborhood I found I needed an 80gb HDD.

Back