engine mount for bb specs?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babi_hrse

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i want to get a engine mount for a 4907 chassis to fit a losi match .26ss
anyone have any ideas what would suit?

ill update the mounting holes and crankshaft positions later if i can get my digital callipers back of my mate.

I used a ofna bb mount for tmaxx to mount my picco.

They don’t make an engine mount for a standard short or extended stock TMaxx chassis for a true BB engine.
You will want/need an aftermarket extended chassis or a chassis extension like a mono block or custom made top plate/skid extension to mount a BB engine properly.
Any other way you try to mount a BB engine on a stock TMaxx chassis will just end up as a chop job and not last very long or look good.
The footprint of a BB engine is not only wider it is much longer than a SB engine. The snout/nose of the engine is longer on a BB and thus you have to move the engine backwards on the chassis in order for the clutch/bell assembly to mesh with the spur. When you move it backwards the starter assembly (either, pull/Roto/EZ start) will then hit the lower portion of the rear bulkheads and not sit level with the chassis deck. The headers needed for a BB engine are larger with less of a bend than a stock or SB header and it interferes/hits the the shock tower causing issues.
I could go on, and on but you get the point. An aftermarket extended chassis designed for a BB, or a custom extension added to the chassis with an extended rear skid plate or a mono block extension is the best way to go about it.

i get ya snook. i can't find any monoblocks on ebay. any such thing as one for under sixty dollars?

Check out. Www.unlimitedengineering.com. They're $72
I don't get how they will allow for a BB engine they make more room for a bigger header but I'm not sure if a BB engine mount will mount the engine further back

Check out. Www.unlimitedengineering.com. They're $72
I don't get how they will allow for a BB engine they make more room for a bigger header but I'm not sure if a BB engine mount will mount the engine further back

Tack another 15$ on that for shipping,oh wait it would be a lot more shipped to the motherland,you probly would be best with a bb chassis bro

transmited from a mobile communications device

Last edited:

What do you mean, "not sure" ther is a difference between being wrong and just flat out not knowing. At some time we all make a wrong suggestion and thats ok, someone picks up and corrects us except joey, he just kills you, but if you flat out dont know, dont say anything. A big block eng is, well, BIG, it needs more room. A big block eng mount does that job by allowing the eng to sit back. Now thr Everthing on the back of eng will hit the shock towers/bulks. A mono block, or what ever you want to put in between the chassis and the bulk head will give you that room, now you can mount the big block mount in the location it needs to be in for everything to work.
Tomorrow we will talk about the proper way to set up the drive train and suspension to handle a big block.