e revo 1/16 2 batteries stock pinion gear?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolsy100

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What happens to the e revo vxl if I were to run 2 batteries while only having the stock pinion gear installed?

If you wire them parallel you get double the mah which gives longer run time, longer run time. The right pinion depends on a few things, testing while monitoring the temp is the best thing to do.

If you wire them in series you double the voltage and burn it up regardless of the pinion.

A little side note, my MERV came with the speed pinion installed, contrary to the owners manual. As Smaxxin mentioned, you really need to monitor your temps to get your gearing dialed in for where you will normally run the truck. I ended up running the optional pinion and I think a 52T spur as well for where I run, and I run 2s batteries almost always.

I ended up adding a couple of teeth to the count of the stock (not speed) pinion to be able to run on 3s with out thermal shutdown.

Back