Duratrax 835B Unresponsive steering & throttle servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggy_will

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Ok I have a new duratrax 835B nitro 1/8 scale buggy, I just got it back from the manufacturer and they replaced the carb under warranty. I took it out yesterday and bashed around with it for a good 2 hours. Ran great the entire time and tuned it a little bit, I got up today and took it out and I sometimes when hitting the gas and making a sharp turn the steering servo will lock or if I hit the throttle sometimes it doesn't respond or if it does it has a huge delay for it to respond. I made sure the receiver battery is fully charged, I also installed new batteries in my radio, would this be the receiver or a servo issue, how could both servos go bad at the same time, is that possible? Please help, I finnaly got my r/c car back and got to run it for 1 day......#NeverBuyingDuratraxAgain!

0412151229.jpg
0412151231.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I have a new duratrax 835B nitro 1/8 scale buggy, I just got it back from the manufacturer and they replaced the carb under warranty. I took it out yesterday and bashed around with it for a good 2 hours. Ran great the entire time and tuned it a little bit, I got up today and took it out and I sometimes when hitting the gas and making a sharp turn the steering servo will lock or if I hit the throttle sometimes it doesn't respond or if it does it has a huge delay for it to respond. I made sure the receiver battery is fully charged, I also installed new batteries in my radio, would this be the receiver or a servo issue, how could both servos go bad at the same time, is that possible? Please help, I finnaly got my r/c car back and got to run it for 1 day......#NeverBuyingDuratraxAgain!

View attachment 15550 View attachment 15551

To follow up on my post,

The problem occurs most once I start putting distance between the radio & the receiver, once I start walking away and trying to use the radio that's when it starts not responding to the controls, where do I start so I can fix the problem. Do I need a new radio or receiver? Or is it something else that I am not seeing please let me know.

To follow up on my post,

The problem occurs most once I start putting distance between the radio & the receiver, once I start walking away and trying to use the radio that's when it starts not responding to the controls, where do I start so I can fix the problem. Do I need a new radio or receiver? Or is it something else that I am not seeing please let me know.
To be honest, It's a duratrax- I'd replace the servos and radio set now. Your servos did exactly what mine did before it died- and the low range issue may be down to low remote batteries or a bent/damaged Arial. If you can't afford a new TX/RX (radio system) then at least replace the servos- you don't want you throttle to lock @ 100% whilst driving :p

Id buy a Flysky GT3B for $45 if I was on a budget or a Futaba 4PLS if you can afford a good radio. Theres no way to knwo for sure without testing it if that will fix the problem but I'm guessing it will and even if it doesn't something better than the stock radio will be nice to have anyway IMO.

Id buy a Flysky GT3B for $45 if I was on a budget or a Futaba 4PLS if you can afford a good radio. Theres no way to knwo for sure without testing it if that will fix the problem but I'm guessing it will and even if it doesn't something better than the stock radio will be nice to have anyway IMO.
yeah

what he said! ^^^

Well I got a Spektrum DX2E, came with a receiver and hooked everything up and is working great, I can't believe these RTR kits. I never thought I would have this many problems out of a new car, I should have just purchased a better used brand.

I would suggest buying anything used if you want something that is gonna be problem free. Used kits usually have problems that the original owners couldnt figure out how to fix. Not always, but more often than not.

I would suggest buying anything used if you want something that is gonna be problem free. Used kits usually have problems that the original owners couldnt figure out how to fix. Not always, but more often than not.
And you tend to get the people who don't know what they're doing buying the cheaper kits, they then get abused so when they get passed onto a responsible owner they're full of problems...

Back