Deal I Couldn't Refuse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
A few days ago a friend of mine at work asked if I was still in to r/c. I told him not really right now and asked why. Well he had 2 rcs he wanted to get rid of but I said I really didn't think I would be interested. Then he said He had them in his car outside and asked if i wanted to at least see them. Of course I had to look. The first thing he pulled out was a box with this in it.

2yjx4t2.jpg

rhpe6a.jpg

Ehh,just a nitro Rustler that's looks road hard..... But then he pulled this out!

whl2c8.jpg

34q61k7.jpg

I'm not sure what I would do with a boat but it's complete and in good shape. He threw me a $50 price for the pair and I couldn't refuse so I put them in my truck and took them home and they're mine now. Probably clean and make the Rusty driveable and sell it but the boat may have to stay. Still not sure what I'll do. I did get a couple of old radios and an ignitor in the deal too.

I'd say that's a nice deal- especially if they both run. That boat looks looks pretty nice too- it's just finding somewhere to run it...
If you do get that boat going then be sure to get some video or pictures of it up and running.

You're looking at 20 bucks just for the RPM control arms alone. At 50 bucks, you did the right thing.

Wow. Nitro boats are not cheap to buy, I can tell you that for sure. You could easily sell that thing on ebay for 4 times what you paid for both. I've been watching ebay for a nitro boat as it seems like one of those things that would be fun to run once in a while, especially since I have 2 or 3 ponds I could run it in that are pretty sheltered from wind. I just never pull the pin on one. Most that I find are priced to the moon, or are electric.

Wow. Nitro boats are not cheap to buy, I can tell you that for sure. You could easily sell that thing on ebay for 4 times what you paid for both. I've been watching ebay for a nitro boat as it seems like one of those things that would be fun to run once in a while, especially since I have 2 or 3 ponds I could run it in that are pretty sheltered from wind. I just never pull the pin on one. Most that I find are priced to the moon, or are electric.
Did some googling, looks to be a Proboat Llumar (Llumar are a window tinting company I think)

@Racer 1966 You just got yourself a $400 boat.
http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB2500T

Last edited:
I'm just curious if the boat he got is the same as the one on that site. It could be smaller or have a different engine.
Racer, how about a pic of the running gear on the stern?

I'm just curious if the boat he got is the same as the one on that site. It could be smaller or have a different engine.
Yep, there is a difference, the engine- it's not gas. It's still a $400 boat though...

looks like he got a smaller version the one ninnon linked to is gas/petrol this one is nitro still good find

same page just links to the images of the engine bay - http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB2550#media
Didn't notice that, thanks for the info :)

It is a different engine, the $1500 one is Gas and 1/8 scale, his is 1/12 scale and a Dynamite .15 marine.

Yeah,as you all have figured out now,it is a 1/12 scale nitro boat and it does have the Dynamite .15 in it with a pull start. Has great compression and I fully expect it will fire up easily. The problem with it is I have no where to run it.

The Rustler has RPM arms and RPM shock towers. Has an Associated .15 engine and pipe on it with a pair of low end Futaba servos. This engine also has good compression and I believe it will run run. It does need some clean up,screws replaced and some major wheel alignment adjustments.

2jahkev.jpg

2j2daja.jpg

fz4ysy.jpg

Yeah,as you all have figured out now,it is a 1/12 scale nitro boat and it does have the Dynamite .15 in it with a pull start. Has great compression and I fully expect it will fire up easily. The problem with it is I have no where to run it.

The Rustler has RPM arms and RPM shock towers. Has an Associated .15 engine and pipe on it with a pair of low end Futaba servos. This engine also has good compression and I believe it will run run. It does need some clean up,screws replaced and some major wheel alignment adjustments.

2jahkev.jpg

2j2daja.jpg

fz4ysy.jpg
I'd sell it- $500 new, find somewhere to test it, get a video of it running and then sell it for $350.

Back