Curious about Wireless A/V

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lessen

Super Awesome!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Ok, so here's my deal. I'm thinking about getting a small flat panel t.v. for the bedroom. I don't want to get another cable box for a couple reasons so I just want to run the A/V from my receiver in the living room. Problem is that there is nowhere to run the wires so that they will be out of sight. This is due to the construction of the house and there's nothing I can do about it. I've been looking into these wireless A/V distributers. The rooms are well within range and I'm not concerned much about the downsides, such as not being able to get an HD picture on the small HDTV. I just want to be able to watch cable t.v. or a dvd (both of which run through my home theater receiver). Reviews seem to be extremely mixed. Many say they are worthless but that seems to be taking into consideration issues that wouldn't really affect the way we would utilize this t.v. such as interference from cordless phones or wireless routers. One, I don't have wireless internet. Secondly, we almost never use our home phone for any extended amount of time. I'm just curious about the general quality for regular cable or dvd movies. Anybody have any input on this tech?

The ones I've seen would probably work just fine for what you're wanting to do just as long as you keep the distance between the transmitter and receiver fairly short.