Computer Video Cards

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zoomer

Well the day has come for me to spend my money on something else besides my RC. I am looking for a vid card. I tried playing C&C Gen. and Halo, but my Video card does not support it. Damn shared 64Mb memory. I was directed to this certain Video Card:

ATI RADEON 9600 PRO 128MB 8X AGP DVI/TV : Price $172

Chipset:ATI RADEON 9600 PRO
Memory:128MB of double data rate SDRAM
Bus:AGP 4X (1.5V), 8X (0.8v) or Universal AGP 3.0 bus configuration (4X/8X).
Operating Systems Support: Windows® XP Windows® 2000 Windows® Me
4 parallel rendering pipelines
2 parallel geometry engines
Technology Features: SMARTSHADER™ 2.0, SMOOTHVISION™ 2.1, HYPER Z™ III+ TRUFORM™ 2.0 and VIDEOSHADER™
Max Res: 2048x1536 60HZ at 16.7M Colors
Ports:VGA + DVI + S-Video

My motherboard(mobo) is an uATX , and my AGP slot is 4x, i want something that is 128mb and has 8x/4x AGP becuase I plan on upgrading my mobo in the future.

If you have this vid. card, or know anything about it besides what is posted, please let me know, if you know of a better one, that would be great too. My max price is $200. sooo please let me know.
:breakdown :breakdown :breakdown :breakdown :breakdown

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Zoomer, thats a great choice for video cards, i'm running the previous version the Radeon 8500 All in Wonder with 128 MB, i run C&C Generals with no problem, gives me great graphics and performance, never slows down. Like Dracer said i purchased mine from new egg, they have great pricing and shipping, the service was good too when i had a return issue also. Good luck and try not getting to addicted to Generals like myself...

The price for the card that I posted was off of newegg.com that is where i found it.... i guess newegg.com is a good site. Kewl!

Don't skimp. Get the next one up. I own the 9700 Pro and love it. Every game I own I can crank up the settings to max and they look and play fantastic.

I use to work at a computer store (compusa) Generly speaking ATI Cards are the least prone to problems. THey are the under dog to nividia, and thats why there better. Great chice of card you will not regret getting that one.