Comcast upgrade FREE? Just wait

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's still a broadcast channel, Rolex. 720p is considered HD. 1080p is Full HD. Some local affiliates broadcast their programming in a 4:3 format such as ME TV and our PBS stations here.

But it's still a broadcast channel, Rolex. 720p is considered HD. 1080p is Full HD. Some local affiliates broadcast their programming in a 4:3 format such as ME TV and our PBS stations here.
You're somewhat correct. I should have said FULL HD, which is what I have. ME TV is not in FULL HD because all those old shows were ONLY in 4:3 and if they are not recorded in 16:9, you can't get it in full screen format. I get both PBS stations, both in broadcast and HD because they broadcast in both. ALL the networks are also in 720 but I don't even have them programmed into my guide menu since I'm only watching what's in full HD.
A few weeks ago I watched "A Night to Remember", the original black and white movie about the Titanic done in 1958. It was in FULL HD because it was a film, not a video from a TV show.

I got a letter from Xfinity to reboot my modem and I'd go from 50Mbps to 75 "all at no additional cost."
They are liars and thieves, so how much longer before I get another increase in my bill.
I have internet, house phone and cable through them and I pay $147 a month. What an intense ripoff. I don't subscribe to any premium channels. This is COMMERCIAL TV I'm paying a fortune for.

Ouch! We cut the cable a couple years ago now and have been happy we have. I pay $50 for 50Mbps and pay for Netflix. I've thought about giving SlingTV a try too which would give is more channels but honestly I'm not one to watch a lot of TV so paying for more stuff I won't use doesn't seem like a good idea. That and my son has now found Cars on the media server and we've been watching that movie nearly back to back now for the last few days.

The similar threads at the bottom of the page made me laugh harder than it should have

Haha. That is worth a chuckle. I think Ralph likes Comcast. :D

I will take Comcast over AT&T as an ISP all day everyday. Speed doesn't even compare.

So, here's today's update. I've had about 3 or 4 days of unbearably SLOW internet. Press a link on a news site and wait and wait and wait. after 20 seconds or so I get a message that it's timed out, it can not find the server or some other nonsense. Finally I called comcast today after doing everything I could to correct it. Well, I spent a total of 6 1/2 hours with 5 techs and also drove to their store to trade in the modem. All to no avail. Now I have to sit here on Friday and wait for someone to come here.
I'm not a happy camper, and on Friday I'll let you know what deal they will cut to make me a happy boy.
Now I'm going to click on "Post Reply" and I'll sit here and wait and wait and wait, and maybe it will eventually post this.
...Well, it didn't. It timed out. I have to do it again.
Comcast sucks.

And people wonder why they're the most hated company in America....

Well, I spent a total of 6 1/2 hours with 5 techs and also drove to their store to trade in the modem

Speaking of modems, I've found buying your own modem is FAR better decision then using the junk most any other cable company will give you. I purchased the Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 sometime ago and love this thing. I've never had to restart it since getting it and it's allowed me to upgrade my internet service speed without any issues. If you've got a few more bucks to spend and want even higher capibility the Motorola SurfBoard SB6183 makes a fine choice.

I would NOT buy a modem that also serves as a router.

I agree with separate modem and router, @WoodiE. It's cheaper in the long run to buy the router than pay the rental fee. I have a good friend that did that after I recommended it and has purchased 2 modems and still saved over $200.

I've still got my OLD black surfboard. It's probably 12+ years old. Still kicking.

Last night I fought to post on this forum, and today everything seems back to normal.
Yesterday, with techs on the phone, the speed test wouldn't even run. Here's what I just got...

974808124.png

Back