Clean your stuff man!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I was looking around the interwebs for used Savages for the heck of it and came across one that was listed locally but when I went to view the photos it was hard to tell if I was buying a Savage or just a huge clump of mud, dirt, and grass with the left overs of a lexan body.

Really, does this stuff sell at all? You'd think people would put at least even the tiniest effort into cleaning their stuff. I'm not talking about going full blown @Rolex on it but I don't know maybe knocking it on the ground a few times to at least get the big stuff off of it!?!

I agree brother! My stuff isn't polished but I atleast wipe her down and wash the body etc. It doesn't take that much time or effort to wipe and blow it off with a compressor lol. I look at RC's all the time online and it puzzles me how people can leave there cars in the shape they leave them in. But I'm the guy that vacuums and washes my work car and personal car once a week min.

Those are the guys that wonder why their stuff is always broken

If it doesn't look like mine, I'd never buy used. :)
Seriously, though, clean says it's been well cared for. You display a filthy pig, it shows you've beaten it and you don't care.

I clean my rigs when I'm done running them. For one, they're stored in the house so I don't want the muck tracked all through it, and two it saves me money in the long run on things like bearings, gears, etc that get worn down from the grit and grime.

Seriously, though, clean says it's been well cared for. You display a filthy pig, it shows you've beaten it and you don't care.
Exactly! If they couldn't even take the time or care enough about how it looks to try and sell it, you KNOW it has NEVER been properly taken care of.

I NEVER bring a muddy rig in the house. It makes cleaning my apartment harder. A little dust, meh, no problem.

Forget the dust. Rust is my pet peeve! If one of my rigs comes in contact with moisture, it is sure to encounter a full silicone bath!

My better half makes fun of me for being so picky about my rigs when I'm done with them, i clean all mine up the same day they are used, all bearings are cleaned and re-oiled before its put up.

The cleaning aspect should also carry over to the backdrop of your sale photos. I'll let the pics on this listing speak for them selves, please note the contradiction between description and the actual setup that's installed.

that stove is just gross

If mine are just dusty with a little sand, they compressed air wash job, if they get caked, they get a through cleaning.

As for buying, if they look like a pile of dried mud, the offer's gonna be real low if it gets made at all.

I'm just OCD about it- maybe not as bad as Rolex- but I'll spend 10 minutes getting a blade of grass out...

You're WAY worse than me. I just keep them looking beautiful without EVER getting them dirty.
So you only clean off dust then....Interesting use of your RC equipment, I think if you entered the most expensive mantle piece item of the year award, you'd win. Along with the longest time spent waxing RC cars.

Back