carb restrictor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkslayor24

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i have an old ae .15 and i was looking at it and it has a restrictor on the carb, its just a little plastic funnel jammed into the carb opening. wat would be the reason to restric airflow? i pulled it out havent ran yet but do you think i should put it back in? there has to be a reason it was in there in the first place.

The carb restrictor limits the airflow into the carb. That forces you to also limit fuel delivery. And ultimately it decreases the horsepower of the engine. On rides like a RC10GT, that is actually helpful because it can help you get the rear tires to hook up better on the dirt. Too much HP will leave you spinning them most of the time. If you decide to remove it, just realize you'll have to retune the engine to compensate for the increased air intake.

ok thats wat i though just was double checking and with my O.S. Max .15 i have an insane amount of tire spin even on road thnx.

also for racing when you have to big of a carb aloud in the race

Back