Brushless motor braking

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankC

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Hello all. I have an Arrma Typhon 3s bxl with (of coarse) the brushless motor. I have the brake set to 100% as far as I can tell, on my NB4 tx. However it seems to take a while for it to come to a complete stop. I wondered if this is normal as far as brushless or if I’m missing something on the transmitter. It’s a heavy model so it does have some inertia I suppose. My little HBX’s , at least the wheels, lock up if I hit the brakes hard. Same tx. The Typhon takes about 20
feet or so to stop at about 30 mph and the wheels don’t lock but slow down gradually. Hate to admit it, but I’ve ran that thing into my ankle a few times… ouch!

Hello all. I have an Arrma Typhon 3s bxl with (of coarse) the brushless motor. I have the brake set to 100% as far as I can tell, on my NB4 tx. However it seems to take a while for it to come to a complete stop. I wondered if this is normal as far as brushless or if I’m missing something on the transmitter. It’s a heavy model so it does have some inertia I suppose. My little HBX’s , at least the wheels, lock up if I hit the brakes hard. Same tx. The Typhon takes about 20
feet or so to stop at about 30 mph and the wheels don’t lock but slow down gradually. Hate to admit it, but I’ve ran that thing into my ankle a few times… ouch!

Sounds like the max brake setting on the ESC might need to be changed/raised.

A brushless motor should have as much braking torque as the motive force it can produce.

Thank you all for your help! I appreciate it.

I did go into the esc program and dial up the braking. Worked like a charm. thank you

Back