best nitro rc cleaner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroman.18

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
whats the best nitro rc cleaner out there

I use denatured alcohol and an air compressor.

+1 on the denatured alc and compressed air, every now and again a blast of airesol carb cleaner on the engine gets the process excelerated

if you do not have a air compressor you can go to walmart and buy a portable compressed air tank. most of them just have a tire inflation fitting take that hose off and buy a cheap hose and air blower then you can go to the gas station and fill the tank for 50 cents then you can blow the car off a few times most likely on one tank

How much do those air compressors from wall mark coast

Its not a compressor, just a tank, you can make one from a used lp tank

O thanks

I've used two different products, both of which have done a very good job. First being MOO-tor Cleaner and Degreaser from @The Cow. The second being a mixture of simple green and water in a spray bottle.

Last edited:
I also use Simple Green and water to clean my Nitro stuff and use compressed air to dry them afterward.

BTW-Harbor Freight has decent small compressors on sale for $60 right now.

Dish washing liquid mixed with water and compressed air to dry it! Don't knock it until you have tried it! It works!!

Different products for different areas of the vehicle. For metal I like Dynamite Magnum Force 2 contact cleaner, and TrakPower products for plastic. Simple Green for tires, and Invisible Glass for body. Blow it down with my air compressor - good as new. :).

50/50 mix Mean Green, Denatured alcohol works on everything for my nitro's. Then blow it off with compressed air.

I'd suggest using caution with the simple green...this is an aqueous alkalin solution & may negatively impact any aluminum components if not used with great care. I do not use water - just compressed air then periodically, I break the car down fully to check on diffs, drivetrains, bulkheads, etc. when I do the breakdown, thoroughly clean individual parts (e.g., plastics cleaned separately from metal parts, etc.) to avoid corrosion issues & lube all metal/metal components, etc.