Basement Build aka RC and Theater rooms!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well the basement is coming along finally. In about two months time they have framed and drywalled, roughed in plumbing and electric, and the fireplace is in. We have picked out the cabinets for the bar, as well as all the flooring all picked out and ordered. The best part is that the 45" LCD has been purchased and ready to rock. My buddy and I ran all the low voltage.... Telephone, TV, and Network to everyroom and in a few places in the theater area. Hopefully in the next month or two we will be all set and ready for the opening kick for the Skins. I hope to have some pictures posted of the progress soon. Take care guys.

Tom

P.S.

Hey Fast Ed.... do you have a line on a distributor for the Gorilla Rack benches? There is nowhere here in MD that sells them. Thanks man

Lets see some before pics!
Ill look for an online dealer for you. I do know they are heavy.

Cool.... Thanks Ed... The only thing about having them delivered is the shipping costs... maybe I can search to see if there is a dealer in VA or PA, or even WVA, or just eat the cost and have them shipped.

I will post some before pics as well.

Tom

Here are some before pics..... well they are not quite before... but the only thing different from these pics and what the space looked like before is that before it was just an empty basement with silver isulation on the walls. These pictures show some of the framing that has taken place. I will post some more pics of the current progress as soon as I can get down there with some light. Right now it is too dark to take pictures. (No electricity is turned on down there at the moment). Take care guys.

wedding050.jpg

This picture is of what will be the storage room, and part of where the bar will be. The bar will go in the lower left hand corner of this picture.

wedding049.jpg

This picture is of what will be the RC room.

wedding047.jpg

This picture is where the bar will go. The theater room will be directly to the front of the bar.

I will post more soon.

Tom

Last edited:
There are only a few reasons I'd ever want a house... theatre room, RC room and a garage. Oh, and not having to hear people walking around you.

As it is, our living room is the theatre room, the dining room is the "rc room" and the car port is the garage.

I thought about getting a 46" plasma for the bedroom... but I think it would cut into our alone time. So I fought the urge.

I like seeing build threads though. It's cool to see the transformation.

looks great. what kind of flooring did u guy buy? carpet or hard flooring? only reason i ask is b/c near me rugging will help keep the temps level. hard flooring tends to have the inside temps jump or fall quickly

Thats a great size of a space to work with. How many SF is it?
Looks like they are off to a great start.
No bathroom down there? I hope you plan on a having a garden out the back door or at-least some Pea Gravel.... :D

What a great amount of space to work with! If you can't find the gorilla racks locally, have you thought about building your own from scratch? Getting some kitchen cabinets and a nice laminate top would also make a nice little work area.

FastEddy said:
No bathroom down there? I hope you plan on a having a garden out the back door or at-least some Pea Gravel.... :D
Maybe a bush that is going to give it's life for a good cause???

Tom, if ya want, I'll try to get a pic of what Lowe's carry's for a bench.

One more thing....

Need to change the title of the post....

"Tom's space?"

FastEddy said:
How about "My Space" You would have every 16 yo in the county hanging out.
Sorry Bro, How about a little more age there....

At least 21....
A guy has to have his standards.

Looks like we have enough room there for "Tom's RC garage" and the new "RCnitrotalk gentleman's club."
Sorry Tom.... you are going to have to work on your little cars somewhere else...

JK Bro.
Good luck with the basement.

Last edited:
Hey Tom, SD has a great idea, that's how I did my last garage work area. It was great. Also I got my gorilla racks from Costco last year, check with them or Sams club if you got them in the area. Build is looking great Tom.

You can also go to home depot if you want a work bench. Thats where I got mine.

Attachments

• desk2.JPG
    desk2.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 86
FastEddy said:
Thats a great size of a space to work with. How many SF is it?
Looks like they are off to a great start.

Hey Ed,

Yeah there is a full bath, I just didn't get the picture posted. The SF is just under 1700. Not huge but a nice enough space to work with. I am not complaining one bit. If we didn't need a storage area we would have been able to put another bedroom down there. I will post some more pictures hopefully tonight. Until the bathroom is complete though there is a drain right outside the back door! LOL How is your renovation coming along?

Tom

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info on the benches and the other ideas. I do plan on mounting some cabinets from lowes on at least one wall so building the benches may be the way to go. I will check out the links on the benches and see what I can come up with.

I like the idea of the gentlemans club.... so far the basement is nicknamed the Dog House! LOL I don't know how the wife would feel about the whole gentlemans club thing.... however the basement does have its own entrance.... :ponder2:

Sorry for the lateness in my reply. I was out of the office on Friday and working on my Brother- in - laws deck this weekend. Besides my wife was in LA all last week so we had some things to catch up on! :banana:

Thanks again guys, and keep those ideas coming! Talk to you soon.

Tom

Just start a local branch of NO MA'AM.

neobart said:
Just start a local branch of NO MA'AM.

As soon as my subscription to Big Uns' comes in. LOL

Tom

Holly poop 1,700sf is 2 times larger then the average apartment and 300 sf larger then the average house in America. With that much space you have a lot of room to whatever you want. I'm envious.

Ah, I've yet to see mentioned the stripper pole? Will you please share where it will be located and specificatons (i.e. height, diameter, options included) please?

Monkey Wrench said:
Ah, I've yet to see mentioned the stripper pole? Will you please share where it will be located and specificatons (i.e. height, diameter, options included) please?

And, should it be heated or not?

Back