Baseball anyone?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RaCinJason399

SO whos going to win? the worst team in the world aka the Yankees or the new best team the marlins?

I was really hoping for the sox and cubs but that guy hadto interfear with that foul ball and now hes got people wanting to kill him whats goin on now a days? And those sox martinez pitching too many innings and then sucked... I was so pissed when Yankees got that winning run...

no poop, that made me mad, i could have sworn that the sox were going to win. but damn the yankees, they just had to come back. i hope the marlins win but i doubt they will.

bryan

The "worst team in the world"? This coming from a New Yorker? Lemme guess, you're still pissed the Bisons aren't a major league team, right? The Yankees are the single most successful major league franchise in any sport. Even moreso than legends like the Montreal Canadians, Boston Celtics, LA Lakers and others.

Now, about the Chicago fan. Anyone who can honestly blame that guy for Chicago losing is a moron. Straight up. The ball was in foul territory. At least a foot or 2 into the stands. None of them saw Alou coming. So get off it. Why doesn't someone blame the fact that the Cubs suck so bad that they blew a usually insurmountable 3-1 lead. Florida was the better team.

But not the best team. "The new best team"? Wow. That says a lot. The Yankees have 25 more World Series titles than the Marlins. They have more World Series titles than the number of years the Marlins have been in the league. And this incredible team was once owned by a genius who thought the way to celebrate a World Series title was to sell off every good player on the team.

Point blank. If you think the Marlins have a chance, you're sadly mistaken. Don't mistake the exuberance of youth with seasoned talent. Hell, Derek Jeter has more World Series rings than everyone on the Marlins combined.

Alas poor child. Soon you will see the light....

nyy.gif

I have always been a Yanks fan. Grew up here in NYC. One thing is for sure, I'm glad we sent the red sox back home. Not just because they're the "Red Sox" but because the fans are horrible!

Yeah, there's annimosity between the yank fans and red sox fans but the red sox fans are poor sports.

My brother is taking his masters in Bentley college, only 30 mins from boston. They actually had to put more security on campus because a number of the students there, undergrads, have NY tags. Some of the boston fanatics vandalized the NY cars! even when it's not baseball season! That's pathetic:madface:

thats 26 worldseries I believe... that the yanks been to.. I dont even go to bision games .. I usto when they were good but this year they sucked

26 World Series won. They been there an lost a few times as well.

ill come back to this thread in due time and laugh at all you yankees fans. ha.

I can't stand the Yankees. I don't like the owner of the team. I don't like how he buys everything in sight. I realize he has the money and can do so but it still get to me. I was also hoping for the Red Soxs and Cubs.

Both the Sox and Cubs have nothing to complain about. They made poor choices and found out the hard way. Prior should have been pulled as soon as the first guy reached base. Pedro should have never came out for the 8th. I think the coach has the "I'm the star and I can do it" wool pulled over his eyes and blew the lead. Both teams blew it in the final game. They both had the bullpen to lean on. If I was the coach I would have used damn near every one in the bull pen to clinch the win. Both Prior and Pedro were on a 2 or 3 day rest.

I am going for the underdog here. Go Marlins.

Originally posted by Candyman

Point blank. If you think the Marlins have a chance, you're sadly mistaken. Don't mistake the exuberance of youth with seasoned talent. Hell, Derek Jeter has more World Series rings than everyone on the Marlins combined.

Uh, Candyman, you want some ketchup when you eat your words now?

Marlins 3

NY 2

U should take ur own advice! The Yanks have a history of losing the first game of a series and still win it. Look it up! Yanks in 6 games!

Ahhh another one, Everyone counted the Marlins out in 97, now they are doing it again. I say the Marlins take it in 6.

If indeed the Marlins can actually pull it off, I will happily eat my words. I guess it's lucky for me that it's a 7 game series. Unlike the SuperBowl where the dog can have a good day and look like a hero. I say we make the Super Bowl the best 3 out of 5. I think that would be fun. And make them play it over the span of 1 week. That would be a hell of a test.
Anyway, I digress. The real reason for the Yank's troubles tonight is that I'm not at home and I didn't have my lucky jersey on (which, by the way, hasn't been washed since the start of the season). Tomorrow I'll be back at my house with my jersey in place. Then we'll see.

lol - calling the World series based on the first game wont cut the bread man.

Go Yankees!

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ

Go Yankees!

Not calling it on the first game dude, read my post, Marlins in 6. Boy you New Yorkers and Jerseyers are real uptight :D

Candyman, do you have any friends that will watch the game with you while wearing that smelly jersey?, I am glad I am 1800 miles away, LOL. :ahh:

GO MARLINS

Ney Yorkers and New Jersey'ans uptight? Man thats an understatement lmao!

I did however win 100$ on the pool last night! GO SCORE!

My brother was just telling me about a funny story. He was waiting for a plane back to Boston from Vegas. ( business trip ). THe flight was delayed and the Bar was jammed packed with Boston fans... watching Game 7. Someone recognized his New Yawk accent and my brother said things started getting a little Hairy in the bar. Nothing happened but dang Boston fans have a lot of pent up anger.

That also reminds me of when I was in a Boston Bar when going to school there not long after the Mets won the series in 86, I was with some friends from new york and one was wearing a New York Met hat and they were drunk and laughing about Bill buckner. for you that don't know why this was a touchy situation check this out LOL We Love you Bill

Well lets put it this way they made us leave the Bar LOL

LMAO, sorry for the wrong term for our friends from Jersey, don't want to offend anyone.

$100 is sweet no matter who wins, congrats man.

Um, what happened, it's soooo dark, since I aint seein any light, ARE YOU? LOL

Yankees all the way :thumbup:

All the way where? I know to the losers locker room

Originally posted by Team 17
U should take ur own advice! The Yanks have a history of losing the first game of a series and still win it. Look it up! Yanks in 6 games!

Take my own advice huh, Like I said Marlins in 6

If indeed the Marlins can actually pull it off, I will happily eat my words. I

Want some Ketchup?

Go Yankees!

Not the first game, but the 6th, just as I originally called it.

I would like to thank you all for your kind comments and words, now you may all EAT EM!

Florida Marlins
World Series Champs!