bad news

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
we have bad news in the Shouse house. my youngest son killed himself yesterday. wed. he was 26 had a wife and two babies. he was a troubled man. he had lots of pain in his wrists and arm. i blame martial arts. david worked those nun-chucks way to much. and if he was doing some thing that most people would do it 70-80% he did it 130%. he was all ways over loading his body. and was taking some pain killers, but i dont think he took to much. his brother came down from K.C.

Sorry for you and your families loss Moe.

I'm so sorry to hear that Moe...As a pain patient who is trying to get off of opiates I have a feeling that could have played a big part. The biggest reason I decided to try and cope with my pain without opiates is because after being on them for 4 years they were causing me to have massive bouts of depression. Bad enough to wear suicide while never attempted was contemplated many many times. For the longest time I thought it was the pain and the ever increasing lack of mobility that was causing it but after running out accidentally for a few days (Dr. rescheduled my appointment to get another refill) I noticed that while sick with withdraws my depression was DRASTICALLY decreased, as in almost non-existant and my temper evened out a great deal despite being in severe withdraws. I'm down from 30mg of percoset a day to only 5. I hope to be off of it completely within 2 more months. The pain is a real bitch to deal with but its better than what I was dealing with. Needless to say I'm becoming a huge opponent of opiates at least in long term cases. IDK your sons situation but I can't help wonder if it was related.

Our family's prayers are with you bro.

we have a lot to do. graywolf had some interesting things to say. i wish something could have been done sooner. my friends here here are the best i could have. way better than some of my family. i can't think you cats enough.

I'm very sorry for your loss Moe. You and your family are in my thoughts.

That's terrible Moe, sorry for your loss.
Its not something any family should ever have to go through.
You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Living with pain ever day, all day can flat wear you down.
It is something that unless you've lived with it there is really no way most can understand what it's like.
It can drag you into a dark place, that's not easy to climb out of.

The days and weeks ahead are going to be tough going for you and your family, and my hart goes out to you and hope you find some peace in the hard days to come.

Stay strong Brother, you'll in be our thoughts and prayers.

Moe I'm so sorry for your and your families loss, I will keep y'all in thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
Moe I'm so sorry for your and your families loss, I will keep y'all in thoughts and prayers.
we had my sons funeral was today. the ARMY Color Guard was there. being a vet i cried when they opened the U.S.A. flag. must have been 30 military solders in uniform. makes my so proud of these great people. i had no idea he know so many people. i thank all friends here for your kind words, and prayers. that really helps. thanks from the bottom of my hart.

i tried to post this yesterday. if i already posted this forgive me.
we had my sons funeral was today. the ARMY Color Guard was there. being a vet i cried when they opened the U.S.A. flag. must have been 30 military solders in uniform. makes my so proud of these great people. i had no idea he know so many people. i thank all friends here for your kind words, and prayers. that really helps. thanks from the bottom of my hart.

Sorry for your loss, Moe. Depression is extremely difficult to deal with as is chronic pain. Take comfort in the fact that his pain is gone and he's no longer suffering.

It's always exceedingly difficult to reply to threads like this. There's really nothing we can say that will lighten your burden or lift your spirits.
All we can do is let you know that we care and we feel your pain.

Moe, dealing with death can bring the strongest man to his knees, dealing with with a child's passing can down right make you a mess, please, please go talk to someone that can offer you professional help with this. We are all hear for you, I'm sorry for your pain. I know it all to well..

thanks nikko508. you idea is great. it seams to me that my oldest son, jeff has the best advice i can get. i talked to him yesterday and he has the best idea i can get. he knows my ex-wife and the family. and his advice is the best i can get. he got his smarts from his mother. but he didnt get wisdom from me OR his mother. his wisdom is better then any counselor / therapist i have seen. and i do have a regular therapist and will will see him soon. and he is good. and will be help. thinks for your ideas and help. with friends like you i will get throu this. thanks tons.

Moe... my heart goes out to you and your family. Having dealt with depression myself... I truly feel for you. Depression can have a powerful grip and its very hard to break free from. I'm glad you have people to talk to as that really is the best medicine.

well its been 7 days since my sons funeral. i started working on my apt move. hope to be moved by next week end. i have help from some great people. so some how ill get through this. i will NOT be taking ANY drugs or alcohol. it just doesn't make since. thanks tons for your kind words and prayers.

Back