Axial xc1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revorunner

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi I just traded a Emaxx for the axial xc1 and I was just wondering what you all thought of the novak rooster crawler set up. And also the hitec 7955 TG steering servo. Let me know what you think

I personally wouldnt do with the rooster, or any Novak for the matter. Stick with Castle Creations, either a sidewinder or mamba max with external BEC and you will be set.

Rooster

Do you know of any problems that people have had with the rooster esc?

I hear they dont last very long and can only hold 2s lipo's. Just get a sidewinder with a integy 45T motor, external BEC, and a 3s lipo. Make sure the lipo has at least a 25C burst rating.

What's a external bec sorry I'm new to crawling and where can I find this setup

I'll add my voice to the Castle Creations support here. Use their stuff for all sorts, from competition level crawling right through to 5700kV brushless and LiPo on a E-Firestorm and their stuff is tough, versatile and if you have the USB linkup to a PC really easy to configure a LOT of settings also. I have 3 Castle ESCs (although one is HPI branded) and they are all awesome.

Novak stuff is less expensive but I have seen too many Novak ESCs go pop. I use a Novak motor on my Comp rig and it's a nice motor but the electronics part of Novak's range is not the best by far. Oh and if you get a Novak don't drive it in wet grass :p

Are there any compitions in the va beach area

Back