Associated diff swap question/idea.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
This thought just popped into my head. Will the gear diff from my RB10 (basically a B5) fit in the T6.4 gearbox?

The T6.4 I just built came with a ball diff. Great for dirt. Not so much for carpet. I was going to throw a gear diff in my cart for my next AMain order and it hit me that I have the RB10 up at my workshop not being used anymore. It’d be pretty great if it does fit!

Only way on to see, is to wrench on it. See if it fits.
I mean, if the diff from the RB10 or B5 is the same size, and takes the same size bearings of the T6.4. I don't see an issue?

I know the Pro2 SC10/Trophy Rat/RB10 "5 series" gear diff works in the SC10/T4/B4 platforms, but never heard anyone doing what you are doing. I wait to hear the outcome. Are the ball diffs, and gear diffs the same width?
1705107479361.png

Associated has a pretty good compatibility listing in their part's specs. I'll be surprised if the "5 series" gear diff fits. May fit, but have a few shims ready?

@RustyUs I actually just pulled the trigger on the right one from associated. But I’ll be at my shop this weekend so I’m gonna grab the RB10. While I have everything apart I’ll see if it would’ve worked. I’m going to turn the RB10 back into the DR10 it started life as. It can sit on my shelf. I really like the body it came with haha 😂

Back