associated 8.2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh4686

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I just bought an associated 8.2 buggy and its contrary as hell on starting....and on top of that the receiver fried on me and I'm using my rustler vxl rxtx and when cranking it...it starts running in reverse

Is this buggy new or used? Was it a kit? Did you disassemble/ assemble it recently?
Usually when a buggy runs in reverse its caused by one of the diffs being flipped upside down.
Its a common mistake, I've done it and its kinda funny actually but that's neither here nor there.

Is the engine new or used? Whats the brand name and engine size of your engine?

Can you post some pics of your buggy? Its not mandatory, I just really enjoy pictures.

This is a buggy it was a rtr car and it now has a weeks b5 motor on it and I bought it used it only runs in reverse for a sec then it will kick into forward.....like when you first crank it it goes into reverse then when you bump the throttle in kicks into forward

I'm guessing its the clutchbell free wheeling backwards until you give it gas and then the clutch engages.
If that's the case its harmless.
What direction does the flywheel turn when you turn the engine over (attempt to start)?
If it turns counterclockwise, that's the proper direction

That's turning correctly but only problem I have with the wheels turning backwards is sometimes it does it when you ease into the throttle but then let off and bump it and goes back to normal lol

I'd love to see a video of this cuz man, I'm stumped. :confused:
All four wheels turn in reverse until you give it throttle?
Does your buggy have a center differential or a spur gear attached to a spool?

My last two guesses are....something funky is going on with the clutch assembly or,
something's a miss with the center diff (if you have one)

Somebody here will have a legit solution to your problem, guaranteed. :thumbs-up:

I will post a video as soon as I get off

Alright now when I crank it and its going in reverse and I hit the brakes it acts right and goes forward.... Plus I'm having trouble uploading the video

What happens when you push the throttle trigger forward (away from you)? It rolls forward?
What happens when you pull the trigger back(toward you)?

When I pull the trigger towards me its breaks and forward is throttle but I think its like that cuz I have the rxtx off of a traxxas rustler vxl brush less because the stock receiver fried

When I hit the brakes when its trying to go in reverse then hit the throttle it goes forward

The transmitters used to come equipped with switches that would reverse the action of the servos. I don't know if the newer models do.

not transmission reverse, just reversing direction of the servos

Do you have the manual? That will show you where the servo reversing switches are. If not, what radio is it?
Having the throttle/brake action backwards is the same as steering to the left and having it go right. It's a reversed servo switch.

Everything is correct on the steering and its just a stock traxxas transmitter....and it has a menu and a set button but have no clue what for

Does the plug from the throttle plug in either way, or is there a guide tab that only allows it to go one way?
I will get back to you on that one to make sure

Rolex beat me to it, but, still reverse channel for the servo just means that pushing away will be throttle and pulling will be brake- which confused me, but some people have it that way. Even so, there's no way that the engine should be able to make the buggy go backwards- unless the engines going backwards from misfire, it can hqpoen- try using fresh fuel and a different or new glow plug. Almost sounds too weird to be true and we've just misunderstood his definitions. Is it just on a hill or something stupid like that?

I will get back to you on that one to make sure

Does the plug from the throttle plug in either way, or is there a guide tab that only allows it to go one way?
Usually, in my experience the servo just doesn't work.

Last edited: