Anyone running Windows 10?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I have a chance to get a copy of Win 10 pro but want to know if anyone here is familiar with it. Currently I'm running 7, didn't feel the need to bother with 8.

I've been playing with it in a sandbox (Virtual Machine) and I'd say to wait to install it until the official release on an actual machine.

I ran a virtual machine of 10 for awhile during the preview and its nice. It seems like a blend of 7 and 8 but it felt more 7ish.
I believe this is the last OS for Microsoft so if you can get it for a decent price then i would do it.

I got the demo ISO- put it on and old Core 2 Duo setup+ 60GB HDD+4GB ram, and I've got to say- I love it! Absolutely fantastic mix of Windows 7 (My current favourite) and Windows 8 (Had potential, nice and clean, but stupid) although windows 10- none of that extra desktop with tiles rubbish, it's been mixed with the start menu. Although I tried it when it was first released, so it's probably changed a bit now- but It's still phenomenal. Anyway, How'd you get a free copy of Windows 10 pro? (If you're getting it free)

I know a guy whose brother is a techie for some company. The techie always gets early copies to seek out and repair bugs.
All I have to do is use it with some of my simulators and other programs and fill him in on any glitches I come across.

Last edited:
I know a guy who's brother is a techie for some company. The techie always gets early copies to seek out and repair bugs.
All I have to do is use it with some of my simulators and other programs and fill him in on any glitches I come across.
cool- I'd go for it.

If you have a back-up machine, that's what I'd run it on until they get closer to the official release date.

If you have a back-up machine, that's what I'd run it on until they get closer to the official release date.
Has to have a 64bit processor though, So socket 775 minimum.

Microsoft has warned against having Windows 10 on your primary machine as it is still under development and could crash and lose lots of your "precious" data.

If your laptops are less than 6 years old chances are that they are 64-bit. An easy way to check is in the system properties in Windows or to run the Windows 10 upgrade adviser, @Rolex.

I wouldn't dare put it on my primary machine and I don't think any of my laptops are 64 bit.
Core 2 Duo and after are 64 bit. Socket 478 (pentium 4s, celeron D's) are not.

run a virtual machine on your primary then. Vmware player is free for personal use.

Been playing with the latest release and it has really impressed me. Unfortunately, Cortana doesn't work with the embedded mic on my laptop. GOG.com's Galaxy seems to work really well.

Been playing with the latest release and it has really impressed me. Unfortunately, Cortana doesn't work with the embedded mic on my laptop. GOG.com's Galaxy seems to work really well.
Haven't played with the newer versions as I got it when it was first released, cortana sounds cool, but also sounds like something I'm never gonna use.