Any T-Maxx BB conversion kit sitll being produced?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

override

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know the T-maxx has had it time in RC and seems its popularity has decreased alot over the last few years. Seems since about 2008-09 or so good parts for it started becoming harder and harder to find.

I have been combing the internet and it seems that just about everyone has stopped production on BB chassis kits besides integy. Heck dynamite even stopped production on there kits from what I can tell. FLM stopped production on several of there T-maxx parts including the Hyper chassis.

Ebay has managed to keep some of these parts alive, I managed to snag me up a FLM hyper chassis but it isn't exactly as the one pictured on there website. To be honest not even sure if they are actual FLM chassis's or just knock offs.

A user on ebay has a small stock of AcncM MEGA conversion kits for a really good price and claims that parts are readily available. Problem is AcncM is no longer in business so I'm sure its only the parts he has available.

There is a Supermaxx chassis and braces on ebay for a damn good price but I'm sure the bids will be outrageous before its said and done.Problem here is though, what parts will and will not work with it. Seems that UE made most of there parts only work with there stuff. So makes you wonder if you would be able to find skid plates that would work with it.

So my question is...Does anyone out there know of a company that makes quality conversion kits and still produces parts for them?

Thanks,
Robert

I have been in a desperate search too! And came up empty handed as for "new" kits. There's some older used dynamite Bb kits on eBay

What are you trying to do with your maxx? I might could give you some links for stuff your looking for as I have combed the net and found several nice things but they won't last long.

Anyone else know of any?

I changed my mind from buying a big block lot do doing a UE build. If you came across any UE stuff shoot me a pm

Yea they are either out of stock or not taking orders at the moment

The above UE link is for the old site.

For UE parts store you need to use this link
http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/cgi-bin/store
Once you open the link, click Unlimited Engineering under the By Manufacturer tab on the left. It will open to 4 pages of UE parts that will show what is, and what is not in stock.
You will however not find new chassis’s and a lot of other parts in stock as a lot are out of production.

Yeah both the old and new unlimited engineering sites are null and void. I have tried to contact them before on getting parts and they told me they were not taking any orders at the moment. The company probably has hopes one day of making a comeback since there site is still up and they still respond to emails.

I wish FLM wouldn't have discontinued parts, they have some very nice stuff and although they can be finicky sometimes they are a solid company. I also wish they would make there stuff out of 7075 aluminum instead of 6061.

I guess ebay and searching for parts is just going to be the way to get stuff.

New era models still has a t-maxx BB kit that actually looks pretty nice, just wish the center shaft they included was not plastic.

I recieved parts 2 weeks ago that I ordered the previous week:p:

Back