Another Yeti

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're going to have to replace the carrier/center chunk on the Yeti, might as well upgrade to a nicer one. I used the Vanquish SCX-10 version of this axle before upgrading to the rear Currie on the SCX-10/JK: http://www.vanquishproducts.com/yeti-ocp-axle-housings/

You can use all of the stock lockouts and link mounts until you want to upgrade (and you WILL want to upgrade after seeing this piece -lol).

20140707_202148_zps8ewbvazt.jpg

20140707_202122_zpsrbhusczn.jpg

This is the SCX-10 version with the Vanquish lockouts, truss, cover and link mounts.

Vanquish makes nice parts but I don't keep rc's long enough to put that kind of money into them anymore.

I finally got this thing going, new HD diff gears, new bearing and shims, new axle housing and it's running great! This mofo ripps on 3s, a lot faster than I thought it would be. I'm not impressed with the tires for this rig, too tall and want to fold over while turning, I'm going to look for something else to run on it before long.

Thanks, I'll look into them

Does your rear driveshaft get hot? specifically where the shaft meets the pinion.

Does your rear driveshaft get hot? specifically where the shaft meets the pinion.

It was getting too hot to keep my finger on it where it meets the pinion and at the tranny. I loosen the slipper a little, replaced and shimmed the ring and pinion, new bearings and new axle housing and it doesn't get hot anymore. I ran a full 3s pack today with no heat!

Almost forgot that I shot both ends of the shift with wd-40 before I ran it

A few pics

jjjhjf_zps3qwswbcl.jpg

I painted it black on the outside and a rust color on the inside

jjftdtre_zps6flmdlag.jpg

jjjkjbncftr_zpsfclxudvu.jpg

High speed

whooaaa_zpsnmag7nn0.jpg

It was getting too hot to keep my finger on it where it meets the pinion and at the tranny. I loosen the slipper a little, replaced and shimmed the ring and pinion, new bearings and new axle housing and it doesn't get hot anymore. I ran a full 3s pack today with no heat!

Almost forgot that I shot both ends of the shift with wd-40 before I ran it
Thanks,
I'm going to break mine down when i get home and oil all the bearings, check shims and grease the diffs

and totally awesome :p

Back