Another NiMH Q

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just bought a sub C glow igniter and low and behold it didn't fit a standard alkaline c battery like I wanted, I found this out after playing all day with it which means it's no longer even close to being new anymore. Anyway will the charger that came with my glow igniter charge a sub c nimh or only a sub c nicad?

It used to be that you were only supposed to use negative deltaII peak detection for Nimh but its now becoming common place to use a low volate trickle charger on Nimh so the answer is yes as long as its a low amp trickel charger in cases of reciver and tx packs along with Glow Ignighters. X.

Not as long as Christian is not painting in there. X

So don't store the C-4 next to the batteries while I am charging them? Or is it ok to keep it there?

C-4 is VERY VERY stable in raw form. Just keep it away from static areas. I've played with plenty of it. No charge - No go. We used to cook MRE's with it in the winter time.... No joke.

X - Cmon now, you know I was hoping for a barbequeue lol! I am still trying to find 2 fans that are cost effective and that can be mounted in a paint box. I have to make one before I paint my next body. I want to run dryer hose off of it to the windows. 6 inch I think is the diameter. Been poking around home depot, but they dont have anything cost effective. Maybe EBay.

Depending on how big you make your paint box, you could probably utilize a single bathroom exhaust fan. They usually move quite a bit of air and aren't too expensive.

:jester: The exhaust fans are VERY expensive at the store. I need to find one used. I think the cheapest one was around 80 dollars. Ill dig around at the flea market this weekend and see what I can find.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Ouch...I found one at Lowe's for like 19 bucks. It is basically the bottom of the barrel as exhaust fans go, but it still moves air at a more than adequate rate to keep a small (16-20 cubic foot) paint box properly ventilated. I bougt one in order to use the fan unit from it for a fake fire decoration for Halloween (you know the ones with the amber light beneath a fan unit that blows flame shaped fabric into the air.)

Wishing I had a Lowes around here right about now!!!!!!!