Another life lost too soon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
This complex has a contract with an exterminating service that makes the rounds routinely, and I got to know the guy who always took care of this building. He was fascinated by my radio control collection and always spent some time looking at them and asking me questions. Just over a month ago I was advising him where to start his 9 year old son in the hobby since his birthday was coming up.
Today he was killed on his way to work. He was seen drifting in and out of his lane and there's some speculation that he may have been texting. After going off the shoulder he over-corrected, skidded and went into the median and hit a tree. Small pickup truck and no seat belt. Dead on the scene.
People here are really busted up about it because he was such an upbeat guy. He was 34 and a father of 3.

It's a sad day, indeed. I'll miss you, Josh.

Man that sucks, I really feel bad for his kids.

If someone texts me while I am driving I wont even look at my phone until I stop somewhere. NO text is worth my kids growing up without a father.

EVERY state has laws against texting. Here it's still legal to use your phone but I wish they would put an end to that, too.

I honestly think that there should be something installed in the cars to prevent phones from working at all,except to call 911, makes perfect sense to me, i wouldnt object to it at all. i am guilty of texting sometimes while driving but my 9 year old daughter stay son me about it and has about got me broke from doing it. RIP Josh.

Well freek, don't EVER do it again if you value your family and your life. PLEASE.
You might as well be reading the paper and eating spaghetti while you're driving. It's absolutely insane.

I have been making myself lock my phone in the glove box when I'm alone in the truck and when the family is with me one or the other of them takes it from me....lol

Seriously, t. DON'T EVER do it.
I hope you don't have to extricate a body from a car due to someone texting. If you see it, you won't EVER do it again.
This unquenchable need for mobile everything has killed WAY too many people.

I have extricated a lot of bodies, its not an easy thing to get over,car crashes and fire victims are the worst to deal with.

man O man my son david had 3 babys. that is a tuff road to go down. i WILL be praying for the babys.

That sucks bro...I dont mind people talking on their phones especially if theyre hands free but having texted while driving a few times I can tell you its just flat out stupid...It takes faaaaaar to much attention to txt while driving

Sorry to hear. RIP Josh.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, RIP Josh

Chances are he was distracted while driving but it's not uncommon for a person to experience a medical emergency while driving such as heart failure, diabetic shock, epileptic seizure, etc.. What ever the case may be I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

The facts making the rounds today make it even worse. He was in a totally survivable accident IF he had been wearing his seat belt.
He was sent into the windshield and died of a broken neck.

Hearing that something like this happen doesn't even come close to seeing it first hand. It hit home the day I retrieved a cell phone from a fatal car crash and read the last text message that said; "love you too mom, I can't wait to see you agai". Think about that for a moment. Texting when driving should have stiffer penalties in my opinion.

Texting when driving should have stiffer penalties in my opinion.
It's a really stiff penalty when the texter becomes the stiff. Sorry, absolutely nothing funny about that. It's the truth.
Thousand dollar fines should be the FIRST offense.

Josh's funeral was yesterday. End result, many broken fingers, two broken arms, two broken legs and a broken neck. Probably texting or looking through the phone and didn't have a seat belt on. Another wife becomes a widow, his 11 year old son loses his best buddy and a newly adopted baby girl will never know what a cool guy her daddy would have been. A very, very sad day.