Air bubbles in fuel line

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOoSmOotH

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am noticing that I am getting air bubbles in the fuel line. Particularly when I am giving it full throttle. I see them when I am checking temps. Would it be the seal on my tank?

yes more than likely its the seal on the tank causing an air leak. check the fuel lines for any pinholes too and any cracks in the tank.

Last edited:
Make sure the tank is secured to the chassis properly, if it's vibrating too much it'll cause the fuel to foam up.

The fuel lines are new so I know its not that. I have several other tanks I can toss on there so might do that tomorrow. Right now I have been fighting trying to get the thing to shift into second gear.. I hate trying to get the thing just right to adjust the shifting. I really don't want to yank the transmission off of it.

The hex shift adjustment

back both hex screws off a quarter turn... (make sure the motor temp is up) if it still wont shift back um both another quarter turn.. until it will

back both hex screws off a quarter turn... (make sure the motor temp is up) if it still wont shift back um both another quarter turn.. until it will

if hes running a t maxx he only needs to back the second one he comes to when looking into the hole off if he bavks both out the first one will unsecure the gear second one adjusta the shift. and only go how ever far out to get it ahifting then go 1\8th tuns in to make the shift lt later

I didn't know what he's running I didn't see it in the post

Yea.. its a t maxx. I got her up to temp and wasn't shifting but I have a heck of a time getting to the screw. I think I am going to pull the tranny regardless since I never really looked at it since I got it used.

good idea there but to change the shift point I beleve its a 2.5 mm allen and you unplug the big plug on top the tranny and turn your spur by hand till u see the notch in it then hold the spur and roll the truck forwaed till u see u allen the roll it a little further till u see the next one and that one is your shift clockwise is later counter is sooner

Yea.. I am going to give it another whirl and see what happens. It was raining all day yesterday so I didn't get to mess with it much.

Actually it was a 2.0mm for the shift adjustment. I got it shifting now just need to get a new fuel tank. I also ordered a new body and some trenchers for it so she will be done for now as far as mods are concerned until something breaks. :)

Back