3A Racing 330mm TRevo chassis!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Found this online was wandering if anyone had run one or had any experience with them. It is made by 3ARACING said 330mm in length comes with the driveline also. Not sure if it's the same length as the 3.3 stock revo chassis. I was thinking of purchasing this for my BB Revo build! Also considering the Carbon fiber Advantage race chassis in the 3.3 length.

The CF chassis are more fragile than stock. I saw a basically stock Revo crack one during racing. The guy was running a 3.3.

That chassis has been out for a while; it’s basically the 3.3 length. It did not get very good reviews back in the day.

Stick with the stock 3.3 or Platinum chassis and get the best chassis brace you can find or even better make your own chassis brace from some good stuff.

I bent more chassis than I remember when running the Revo with a BB engine, it was the main reason I don’t run/own one anymore

Yah I have been doing some research with the BB Revo stuff. I may just build me another maxx BB Maxx. My carbon fiber maxx chassis were pretty tough so I figured the Revo would be ok.

The CF chassis are more fragile than stock. I saw a basically stock Revo crack one during racing. The guy was running a 3.3.

I disagree . . . My mate abuses his Revo and the carbon fibre chassis has help up.

The Revo is set up as a Truggy (low) for onroad bashing - Most of the time we are hooning about doing 40kmph + at WOT - not one bash session goes by without him barrel rolling the Revo, flipping it, traction rolling.

We have had a 40KMPH head-on collission with his Revo - he has hit a curb head on at at WOT - I've seen some of the most dramatic stacks, and the CF chassis as held up.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102980&page=6

Is that the Vantage CF chassis. I would really like to do a BB REvo build using there chassis. Truck will be seeing mostly track time. But track time will prob be pretty rough, my buddies get pretty hardcore lot of close battles LOL!

The CF chassis I mentioned was used on a dirt track and was made by Vantage. It's not worth it. Go with the stock chassis and a good brace.

Yah thanks Hamz! I won't be going with the CF anyhow. The only company I can find that has them in stock are like $250.00, no way I would pay that much for one. Makes sense the CF revo chassis would kinda be weak. I have bent several 2.5 revo chassis before. Considering a Platinum chassis. Found them on ebay for like $95.00.

The CF chassis I mentioned was used on a dirt track and was made by Vantage. It's not worth it. Go with the stock chassis and a good brace.

The chassis my friend is using is also the Vantage chassis. The main advantage is not the wieght reduction, but the fact that the vantage chassis moves the servos forward and places the battery box in a different position affording the car better weight distribution - the Revo jumps much better.

The Vantage chassis might be worth it if you have run out of things to buy for your Revo and race, otherwise I agee, it's not worth the expense.

The only company I can find that has them in stock are like $250.00, no way I would pay that much for one.

Makes sense the CF revo chassis would kinda be weak. I have bent several 2.5 revo chassis before. Considering a Platinum chassis. Found them on ebay for like $95.00.

I got my CF chassis for $100 (the one my friend now uses), so it was worth a try.

CF Revo chassis kinda weak! . . . LOL Weight for weight, carbon fibre is stronger than steel! A Boeing 787's wings are made of carbon fibre . . . . as are indy and F1 cars.

Downside is CF will break not bend . . . so if you hit something hard enough to break the CF chassis, you would have probably bent the cheap ass alloy Revo chassis.

If you ever get a chance to compare a Revo chassis with say a buggy or truggy chassis, you will know what I mean when I say "cheap-ass Revo chassis".

The chassis my friend is using is also the Vantage chassis. The main advantage is not the wieght reduction, but the fact that the vantage chassis moves the servos forward and places the battery box in a different position affording the car better weight distribution - the Revo jumps much better.

The Vantage chassis might be worth it if you have run out of things to buy for your Revo and race, otherwise I agee, it's not worth the expense.

I got my CF chassis for $100 (the one my friend now uses), so it was worth a try.

CF Revo chassis kinda weak! . . . LOL Weight for weight, carbon fibre is stronger than steel! A Boeing 787's wings are made of carbon fibre . . . . as are indy and F1 cars.

Downside is CF will break not bend . . . so if you hit something hard enough to break the CF chassis, you would have probably bent the cheap ass alloy Revo chassis.

If you ever get a chance to compare a Revo chassis with say a buggy or truggy chassis, you will know what I mean when I say "cheap-ass Revo chassis".

Yah I already know that, I have previously bent a couple stock 2.5 revo chassis. After last rebuild I kinda didn't run the Revo much really. I acquired a pretty much new 3.3 revo that I tore down and rebuilt. Well I sold it to a friend and him and I have been running a lot lately. That got me going on wanting to do a BB Revo. I think I might go another direction though. I have been hording rare MGT stuff for awhile now think I might do a build on one, Since the good ole MGT don't see much love anymore LOL!

Back