1/5 scale monster trucks??????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvjv2009

The dork that asks all the stupid questions...
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was looking into 1/5 scale, however I really dig monster trucks. (guess it's just the redneck coming out). I see all kind of buggies and short course trucks, but no monsters... that is outside of redcat and exceed. Maybe I'm just unaware of it for now. I was too soon to jump into a nitro Redcat when I started this obsession. Still have a bad taste in my mouth. I still would probably give em another chance. I just don't want to end up with another redcat door stop.

If you check out the reviews on the redcat rampage MT, they are all positive. I'm not big on redcats but most people seem to say that their 1/5 stuff is decent.

FG makes some really good quality monster trucks. I know that @WoodiE had one...

Thanks! I was unaware! But I guess that is why I asked in the first place.

I think this whole "internet" thing just might catch on after all!

Last edited:
FG has been around for a long time. Far longer than the Baja came around. They are just not as popular here in states as the Baja, FG is more popular in Europe.

That said you can easily get a FG here in the states and find parts online from largescalerc.com and Daves Motors. The truck is a beast and also offer a 4WD version too. The downside of these trucks is there aren't a ton of aftermarket parts compared to the Baja. But plenty to do what you want and keep the truck going.

Thats cool. I'm sure the FG must be pretty good if it on DDM. I'm not familiar with MCD racing at all but that kit looks decent also. Just from looking at them online though Id have to say the FG grabs me more than the other.

Back