1/18 scale Tekin Mini Rage ESC & Motor Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i have a good working Tekin Mini Rage ESC. but i think the motor is shot cuz when i hit the throttle on my TX, it stutters. and makes a weird noise. and also got extremely HOT in a few minutes.

how do i tell if its the ESC is broke. which i dont think it is. or if the brushless motor is bad? is there anyway to tell how its broke, or if its fixable?

Anyone with EXP with Tekin Mini Rage ESCs or motors that has time to tell me how to set up the ESC and to tell if a brushless motor is bad. please chime in ASAP.

also if anyone has any good websites that take PayPal for a cheap brushless motor. let me know

Thanks Everyone,
-MattFats420-

Its burnt up. Thats exactly what happened to my mamba-maxx motor. Tried the ESC with a velinion motor, and it worked fine.

ok thats good to know, cuz the Tekin Mini Rage motors are kind of expendsive to get a new one.

i can just slap any Brushless motor on there right? as long as it has the 3 prongs on it I'm good right?

if anyone knows any good brushless motors that are cheap that i could use with my 1/18 Tekin Mini Rage ESC let me know

you could go with a 18th mamba sidewinder motor, or a losi exceleron 18th motor.

Thats good to know that i can put any Brushless motor onto my Tekin Mini Rage ESC.

now the trouble is finding a decent Brushless motor for cheap.

keep me posted if anyone has one.

Back