1/10 Axial Capra

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo27

132 ft = Fun.
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
Any thoughts on this machine? I have a TRX Sport and like it. Thought this would be a step up. $549, big $. Thanks. 🏁

I have both. The capra has seen many more upgrades over the years, but was very capable from the get go. Mine was the kit version, so had my choice of electronics from day one.
The trx4 sport is also quite good, but i would say it lends itself more to a trail/scale type crawler vs more of a performance bias on the capra.
Both great rigs to start out with, just depends what your after!

Trx and capra at the beginning:
IMG_0945.jpeg
IMG_0409.png

Trx and capra now:
IMG_3043.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg

The Capra "kit" was one I was REALLY wanting to get before they discontinued it. So bummed, because the Ryft we built was just an awesome fun time. A great kit, and I heard the Capra was as well.

That being said, the Capra RTR should still be an awesome rig.

Any thoughts on this machine? I have a TRX Sport and like it. Thought this would be a step up. $549, big $. Thanks. 🏁
For Capra money I would also check out the vanquish vs4-10 and the RC4WD bully 2 given similar price and great performance out of the box. Not saying the Capra is bad or anything, just a couple other options.

I will check out the Vanquish. I do like that Capra that @islandlife has wow. 💥
Thanks! I've had a lot of fun with it, too bad they dont offer the kit anymore 👎
One of these days I'm going to add a vs410 to the collection as well, but probably wont go 4ws,2.2 with that. Would be more of a scale rig.

Vanquish stance will be my next shafty for sure. Excellent performance out of the box.

I have a capra, Definitely my favorite, I built mine from ground up, no kit, I did that because I had all the electronics already, tires, rims, shocks, also had a set of portals laying around I tried on another vehicle, and they happened to be aluminum capra axels. So only spent at that moment like $100 and had a running rig, but plan on taking it further. But definitely love it.

I'd go with the VRD Carbon kit over the RTR Stance. you get better transmission gears, better axle ring gears , and better links. people are having issues with bending the lower links

Well there you go.

The Capra is a great crawler. Hands down more capable than a trx4 in factory form. I don't think you'd be disappointed in it at all. Like someone else mentioned though, the Vanquish rtr's at the same price point perform better, better parts, and more options overall. I built both kits and they both have top end electronics and the Vanquish wins every time. The selectable overdrive on the Vanquish is a really cool feature that I use a lot more than I thought I would.

20230827_195659.jpg

20231112_153240.jpg

Back