EZ Start problem...help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy_irish

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all...I need some help! My EZ start wand Glow Plug light does not light up...any ideas on why its not coming on? The battery is fully charged and the glow plug looks ok, I have some new ones coming, but can't get my truck to start up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!!!

check the yellow earth cable. make sure its earthed. make sure all the connections are connected properly... if it doesn't work still i would switch over to a glow igniter... they work better... u can still use the ez start want to power the starter motor if you want. or pull start is a better/lighter option for that too. less stuff to carry around

Does the ez start motor still have power or working?

They've had problems with the circuit board for years. The circuit to the glo plug quits but the motor still spins. Get a separate igniter and just use it for the starter.

Yeah the ez motor runs but the wand doesn't read the glow plug...I will change the plug and see what happens and if that doesn't work, the I'll get the glow stick...thanks guys!

SO....I replaced the glow plug and that was it! It started right up and I bashed it for a bit...man I love this truck! Thanks again for the help guys!!!