clutch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I ran into a problem today with the new picco 28. I have a new STRC three shoe clutch I ordered for the 3.3 and I thought I could use it on the picco, but it doesn’t fit correctly. The fly wheel sits too far back on the collet and can’t be secured down. What three shoe clutch can I use with the picco 28?

you can actualy change the collet over from the 3.3 and use a shim it will fit then the picco collet is too long

I'll have the hit up the LHS today and see if that works since this isn't a engine swap. What do I have to shim, and how? Sorry, newb and first time aftermarket engine install.

you can buy the collet for the traxxas engine and it will come with a shim if not they sell the shim the collet is part number 3281

Where do I shim and what size shims should I use? Here is a picture of the picco with the old flywheel so you can see the gap between the flywheel and threads on the shaft.

6881640335_7fd2b30774_b.jpg

With the correct beveled cone/collet you would most likely not need a shim.

Split beveled cone.
Beveledcone.gif

I don’t see a cone in the pic??? If you have to use a shim it/they go between the cone and the front engine bearing.

the shim will go behind the collet but i do at the front of the bearing i dont think the picco collet will work i used the traxxas one

I'm going to head over to the LHS ( I feel wierd doing so since I didn't buy the engine from them since $174 from tower was unbeatable)

Here is a pictrue of the picco with collet. BTW I put the carb on there was a rubber tube in the bag that I'm not sure what it's for. Can someone identify what its for?

6887100653_83ded1c9bd_b.jpg

Can I turn the fuel inlet to the other side or do I have to route the fuel line to the other side?

6887099317_06f3fc29b5_b.jpg

6887103245_580dd2081a_b.jpg

i dont know about that rubber thing ....but you should be able to turn the fuel inlet the way you want it to be

I went to my LHS and was reminded why I don't shop there too often. The guys a total a$$. He told me my picco had the smallest shaft he'd ever seen, all the cones are the same, and if I wanted to shim it I should go to a hardware store and buy some metal washers. I didn't get anywhere with that venture.

I went to my LHS and was reminded why I don't shop there too often. The guys a total a$$. He told me my picco had the smallest shaft he'd ever seen, all the cones are the same, and if I wanted to shim it I should go to a hardware store and buy some metal washers. I didn't get anywhere with that venture.

lol...what a moron ( the LHS guy ..not you ..lol )...all my engines have the same size shaft as my 3.3 ..including my picco .26 and wasp .28 ...lol...and i know there are longer cones ...the one i got with my 3 shoe clutch was to long and i had to file it down to the right size

Back