first lid

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I bought my first lid along with and a can of silver and black paint. Were can I read up on proper prepping and masking off the windows? I figured a simple two tone with some basic graphics for the first time.

i would check into the paint and body shop forum.As far as cleaning i washed it good with dish soap then wipe it down with denatured alchohol and didnt have any reactions from oils and thigs.and i learned super light coats because it run like crazy.id do my first coat and let it dry real good and then tape off the dry paint and finish the next coat. Then maybe a backer over the complete body.Not a pro so anyone want to add or change anything feel free.

Clean the inside well with dish soap and water, then clean it again with denatured alcohol. As bkyd already mention it is way better to do more very light coats rather tan one heavy coat. For window masks if the body did not come with pre cut masks you can use blue painters tape or liquid mask. Nice color choice, I did this one a long time ago using pactra rattle cans and some blue painters tape.......

1420122IMG1785.JPG

1420126IMG1779.JPG

1420123IMG1781.JPG

1420121IMG1784.JPG

looks sick,but have u ran/crashed it at all. mine took one bad bounce and the paint job was shot.

That's nice, I like it.

looks sick,but have u ran/crashed it at all. mine took one bad bounce and the paint job was shot.

sure have, as long as you use lexan specific paint you should not ruin the paint from one hit. JK, you did buy rc specific paint correct? Do not use regular rattle cans like Krylon.

No i used Tamiyra or whatever.Endo flexed the hood a little and destroyed the paint job.So i tried the brake fluid but only took off about 90% and wouldnt touch the rest. So i cleaned it and shot it anyway with Kylon Fusion. Paint looks ok other than the old stuff that was left on there. Gonna use it for a basher and not care about it I will try and post a pic of the disaster.

No i used Tamiyra or whatever.Endo flexed the hood a little and destroyed the paint job.So i tried the brake fluid but only took off about 90% and wouldnt touch the rest. So i cleaned it and shot it anyway with Kylon Fusion. Paint looks ok other than the old stuff that was left on there. Gonna use it for a basher and not care about it I will try and post a pic of the disaster.

Tamiya has several different rattle can paints, you have to be sure you buy the one made specifically for lexan/polycarbonite. The only thing I can think of that could cause your issues is if you did not prep the body properly and laid the paint down real thick.

it was prepped well i think. I really think it was to thick, but without goin that i could see through it.

Back