os 18tz or....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcdude4051

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys,

It has been a while and i'm thinking my trx 3.3 has come to its last days. I was looking for an os 18TM to realize they stopped making them??? I remember it was a drop in and you could use a pull start! now the os 18tz... about it.

A. What is needed? ( Conversion, it looks as if it drops in )
B. is there a pull start for it? i'm not looking to spend an extra $100 on a starting box

and if there is something new, i'm looking for something at minimum the trx 3.3, nothing really more power wise. I just want a reliable engine that is easy to tune ( so no piccos :p ) and will last a while, this is my 5th trx 3.3 and each one has lasted me 2-3 gallons each and i'm a good tuner and such.... kinda weird

OS.21tm is a drop in replacement with nothing needed. I have a brand new one that i may sell...

Well those are quite expensive aren't they? $200-$300 i believe, but yes I would choose that as I have tuned one for a buddy and it is pretty easy, i'm all about easy tuning and stable settings.

I have one in my Tmaxx and it performs great, it holds a tune....I bought it for my Revo 3.3 but i think I'm gunna sell the revo....

Can it be used with a pull start / drops right in? if so, then why is it a tz and not a TM haha

that is the TM, what about the 18tz?

so the 18tz you can get a pull start and just drop it right in?

I think the carb on the engine setup is a roto carb as to the tm is a slide carb

there is a dynamite. 19 mach 2 it is suppose to be a drop in engine there 109.00 there not to bad from what i have read about them just an idea

honestly I just want something that is easy to tune and holds a tune, thats why I would consider a baja 5b but can't really afford it :p