Revo DX3S Help!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcoleman

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm pulling my hair out!

Can any one post a pic of the Spektrum DX3S setup with OptiDrive/reverse, i know it can be done I've seen it on other fourms but no guide on how or WHERE to plug all the servo's into which ports.

desperation need help!! :whhooo:

The OPti-Drive does not work with the Spektrum radios. I know from personal experience because I spent about an hour on the phone with Horizon Hobby trying to get it to work.

The OPti-Drive does not work with the Spektrum radios. I know from personal experience because I spent about an hour on the phone with Horizon Hobby trying to get it to work.

Ok that's fine

Answer me this please

A- what does the opti drive actually do?
B- can you paste a pic of how you set your one up??? As I'm confused where to plug the servo into which port etc???

Opti drive prevents your truck from shifting directions while still moving. I'm not sure if you looked at this yet or not but here is a link to Traxxas' site with instructions on how to use opti drive with an aftermarket Trx/Rx, I'm not sure if it will work with your setup but it's worth a shot.

Opti drive prevents your truck from shifting directions while still moving. I'm not sure if you looked at this yet or not but here is a link to Traxxas' site with instructions on how to use opti drive with an aftermarket Trx/Rx, I'm not sure if it will work with your setup but it's worth a shot.

if thats all it does then I'm happy not to use it (as i never switch when the car is moving)

I just want my DX3S working :(

Pull the opti drive. It's one less think that could be a problem down the road. I pulled mine when I got my new RX/TX and haven't looked back. I also only shift to reverse when stopped. The shift channel on my RX is also push button, and in a position where I haven't had any problems with accidental shifts.

Pull the opti drive. It's one less think that could be a problem down the road. I pulled mine when I got my new RX/TX and haven't looked back. I also only shift to reverse when stopped. The shift channel on my RX is also push button, and in a position where I haven't had any problems with accidental shifts.

Can you paste a pic of your sr3300t?

No one seems to want to show how to configure it with another reciver

just a bit of sarcasm. but the futaba 4pks is ilke the holy grail of radios. i <3 mine

need to get this topic on track as i need help with it

Can you paste a pic of your sr3300t?

No one seems to want to show how to configure it with another reciver

I have no idea what you are talking about "sr3300t." No big deal though. I have a Flysky FS-GT3B radio w/ RX. I'll take a pic, but all you need to know is that the steering plugs into Channel 1, Throttle Channel 2, and Shift Channel 3. The red plug you see in the pic is the power cable. Turn on the TX (controller), then the RX (car), and try the controls. Does it steer right? Does the throttle move right? Does it shift right? I had to reverse channel 2 & 3 for them to work normal.

DSCN0783.jpg

DSCN0782.jpg

The steering does plug into channel, the throttle plugs into channel 2 and the shift servo into channel 3. Once you have the servos connected to the RX, then you need to bind it to the TX.

I have 2 steering servos where do they go? The sr3300t is the rx unit of the spektrum

Also which port does the power go into?

The steering servo's should be connected with a "Y" cable so that there is only one plug to go into the RX.

The steering servo's should be connected with a "Y" cable so that there is only one plug to go into the RX.

thank you just need to work out the other connectors now and how to use the AUX with the reverse switch

Just take all the lines out of the holders to make sure that they are not tangled, and figure out which is which. The servo that is connected to the carb / brake lever is for the throttle. The servo that is connected to the tranny is the shifter, and the "Y" cable coming from the front of the car is for the steering.

Just take all the lines out of the holders to make sure that they are not tangled, and figure out which is which. The servo that is connected to the carb / brake lever is for the throttle. The servo that is connected to the tranny is the shifter, and the "Y" cable coming from the front of the car is for the steering.

seems pritty easy, i just need to work out how i program the AUX channel for reverse and which port the power goes into ? :\